What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What size are your tires man. I got a spare set of oem wheels I am getting tires for soon. I like how this looks. It's perfect.
Nothing special dude! Just oem wheels with 315/75r16 Toyo MTs

Replaced the plug and pigtail for my IAC and then took her around the block to test it out. So far so good.

IMG_6739.jpeg

IMG_6742.jpeg

IMG_6741.jpeg

@leonard_nemoy

They are the Firestone destination MT 37X12.5x17

Are you talking about the part to the left of the spare? If so it’s a rotopax gas can mount.

69699167048__A71DFC80-31DE-4F69-83E1-E9B3B81DC169.jpeg

Last edited:
Oil and filter change. 0w40 has been working for my motor/driving/climate.
Tire rotation.
New belts. Also checked torque on all pulleys.
I have done it the way outlined in this post and it is fast and so nice to not have to take off skid plate, fan, battery and box.
IMG_1397.jpeg

Highlights reel of the summer flying season in Esperance western australia, lots of incredible beaches and 4x4 with the 80 series:

Now moving into a new season at the top end of western australia for the 'dry season' and looking to do a lot more offroading.

Great video, we love Esperance, best beaches we have found anywhere, look foward to your "Top End" footage, we have done The Gibb River Road, Horizontal Falls, Mitchall Falls, Karijini, Bungle Bungles, Python pool, Lake Argyle, Katherine and alot in between. Will you be doing mustering or tourist flights up there?

Great video, we love Esperance, best beaches we have found anywhere, look foward to your "Top End" footage, we have done The Gibb River Road, Horizontal Falls, Mitchall Falls, Karijini, Bungle Bungles, Python pool, Lake Argyle, Katherine and alot in between. Will you be doing mustering or tourist flights up there?
Tourism... for now. Spent last dry season at the Bungle Bungles, after 500 laps I won't need to go back there any time soon. The Gibb River is on my 'to-do' when heading back down south again. Currently at Lake Argyle, with a 4x4 and a boat lifes good. You see a lot of 80 series up here, best one I saw had a swing-out Webber BBQ and spare tire on the rear bar. I'm missing a rear bar, they are like hens teeth for an 80 series unless you like spending $2500 for a cruiser company one.

Tourism... for now. Spent last dry season at the Bungle Bungles, after 500 laps I won't need to go back there any time soon. The Gibb River is on my 'to-do' when heading back down south again. Currently at Lake Argyle, with a 4x4 and a boat lifes good. You see a lot of 80 series up here, best one I saw had a swing-out Webber BBQ and spare tire on the rear bar. I'm missing a rear bar, they are like hens teeth for an 80 series unless you like spending $2500 for a cruiser company one.
the infinity pool at Lake Argyle is freezing, great place to stay tho, really enjoyed the evening boat tour, and the beer garden. Yes there is plenty of 80's in the N/W :)

Reverse designed the Cruisin Offroad skids. The sliders are next and if Jason (Cruisin Offroad- RETIRED) and I can come to a final agreement the front and rear bumpers will follow soon. Made a few "openings" changes on the plates due to clearance issues. But all good to go now. Will be available on the website soon.

I will still keep my CREEPER skid plate in production as well. Just trying to appeal to the masses.

Jason
TT

View attachment 3319742View attachment 3319743View attachment 3319744
Really happy with my Crusin off road skids !

That being said I think the rear of the TC skid could use a little beefing up as I have bent mine a few times. When I pull mine down again to straighten it out I was thinking of adding a taller piece of flat bar to it, with a half circle relief at the output for clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom