What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready for a long weekend, heading up to Morro Bay, then to the Machesna Mountain Wilderness for a few nights. Happy Memorial weekend and be safe.
20220521_152253.jpg

861’s and new OEM shocks on. I’ll do the 862’s on the rear with new shocks this weekend. She hasn’t settled yet obviously but man it looks a lot better. The stock springs and shocks were tired!

5C967CAB-7F1C-4662-BF70-FE4A143A275F.jpeg

DD409D1D-8645-4AFD-9321-19AEEA3C9A75.jpeg

D0D6F6D6-E02B-4A4D-B3DE-C60F1BF380BF.jpeg

Hi Harry, should not put axial load on the pully or anything which is connected to something.
Doing that can damage your bearings
Use a hoist, or other areas to support engine / gearbox etc.

Got the front end back together after the motor swap, just waiting on the driveshafts from the shop and my wife to help me with the hood. Gonna do a couple hundred miles as soon as I get the shafts back and break this thing in!!!

5086631F-4BD3-44AC-B9AF-73B684BFE5CE.jpeg

So I'm pretty sure after this next warranty repair I'm selling it.

I'd like to add this is causing me to miss the biggest softball tournament of my daughter's season and the rage inside me is ****ing real.

Last edited:
So I'm pretty sure after this next warranty repair I'm selling it.

I'd like to add this is causing me to miss the biggest softball tournament of my daughter's season and the rage inside me is f***ing real.

That's rough

Installed some new stickers and drove it to work.

20220528_130342.jpg
20220528_130346.jpg
20220528_134729.jpg

Alignment check using TMR brackets. In the past I've done home alignment with a piece of tape on the tire and a vertical mark. Take measurement at front of tire, rotate tire so tape is at rear, remeasure, adjust tie rod. Repeat as needed. The TMR brackets along with a pair of Sterrett metric tapes are worth the cost. While the tape on the tire method can give good results the brackets make dialing in the adjustment and measurements much easier.

IMG_8030.jpg

Took down more tree with the winch .

Used the throttle to keep RPM above 2000 to give the most power to the winch. I noticed a significant difference.

I proved to the wife and tater tots thati kinda know what I'm doing. She even said that was pretty cool when I dropped each section right where it needed to be and I didn't hit the house, the truck, or the fence!

IMG_20220529_191258325_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220529_191243572.jpg

Mostly sorted mechanically so time for some quality of life stuff. Really wanted a clean OEM look with factory covers so that limited my options a bit.
Sony XAV-AX150 with the factory amp bypassed using a extended Metra 70-1761 harness. Pioneer TS-G650 in the front, TS-G400 in the rear. Natika backup camera.
The GS650s are slightly too thick (Crutchfield says 1.5"backspacing, they're 1 5/8"s in reality) so added foam spacer/dynamat for clearance. Have to drill 4 new holes since the OEM screws are too short/thick. Slight bulge with the door cards reinstalled but it still looks factory. G400s are stupid easy to install, just cut off the plastic backing of the OEM speaker and sandwich it in. No issues with rattling there. The backup camera was straightforward; I noticed there aren't very many pictures of peoples on this board. Can't route wires through the factory rubber grommet unless you're crafty. The license plate blub wires feed into this fully boxed area and I believe then feed into another boxed area below it where they exit through a rubber plug right above the spare tire carrier. I routed mine through one of the plugs on the tailgate to the spare tires area and then back into the cabin through a plug on the back of the drivers third row seat. Then routed it with the factory wiring through the door sills, across the drivers seat, into the center console and up to the head unit area.
Little over $500 for everything. Pretty happy with it.
IMG_2116.jpeg
IMG_2115.jpeg
IMG_2117.jpeg
IMG_2110.jpeg

Mostly sorted mechanically so time for some quality of life stuff. Really wanted a clean OEM look with factory covers so that limited my options a bit.
Sony XAV-AX150 with the factory amp bypassed using a extended Metra 70-1761 harness. Pioneer TS-G650 in the front, TS-G400 in the rear. Natika backup camera.
The GS650s are slightly too thick (Crutchfield says 1.5"backspacing, they're 1 5/8"s in reality) so added foam spacer/dynamat for clearance. Have to drill 4 new holes since the OEM screws are too short/thick. Slight bulge with the door cards reinstalled but it still looks factory. G400s are stupid easy to install, just cut off the plastic backing of the OEM speaker and sandwich it in. No issues with rattling there. The backup camera was straightforward; I noticed there aren't very many pictures of peoples on this board. Can't route wires through the factory rubber grommet unless you're crafty. The license plate blub wires feed into this fully boxed area and I believe then feed into another boxed area below it where they exit through a rubber plug right above the spare tire carrier. I routed mine through one of the plugs on the tailgate to the spare tires area and then back into the cabin through a plug on the back of the drivers third row seat. Then routed it with the factory wiring through the door sills, across the drivers seat, into the center console and up to the head unit area.
View attachment 3021266View attachment 3021267View attachment 3021268View attachment 3021269
I would love to know the actual path your wiring took, did you pop off one of the plastic/grommet covers to make it work and the wire itself is floating? I would like to try and run it through the factory rubber housing but doesn't seem like it's possible or feasible without some struggle to make it work.

View attachment 3021266View attachment 3021267View attachment 3021268View attachment 3021269
I promise I am NOT looking at your fan control buttons...I am only looking at the speakers and head unit. ;)

I promise I am NOT looking at your fan control buttons...I am only looking at the speakers and head unit. ;)
352k will do that to them lol. Couple bulbs are burnt out there, might get around to it one day.
I would love to know the actual path your wiring took, did you pop off one of the plastic/grommet covers to make it work and the wire itself is floating? I would like to try and run it through the factory rubber housing but doesn't seem like it's possible or feasible without some struggle to make it work.
IMG_2118.jpeg
IMG_2119.jpeg
IMG_2120.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Vlex
Back
Top Bottom