What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (124 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the front control arm bushings and the rear lowers today. Also tightened up the steering box. It already handles like a completely different truck. I was going to do the uppers but couldn't get the frame bolt out on the driver's side due to LSPV in the way. Planning to delete that soon anyway with the ABS so they'll be done then.

Replaced the front control arm bushings and the rear lowers today. Also tightened up the steering box. It already handles like a completely different truck. I was going to do the uppers but couldn't get the frame bolt out on the driver's side due to LSPV in the way. Planning to delete that soon anyway with the ABS so they'll be done then.
All you have to do is bend the bracket ever so slightly and it's clear!

Built and covered a foot well box to hold up the head of our mattress and cut and layered a couple foam sleeping pads under the rear carpet for a little extra cushion. Left to do this weekend is check and fill berfs, differential, etc then paint the roof rack and a free cargo basket then install. after that it’s north to the tetons on wednesday for 5 days 🤘. should be a hell of a trip.

Last edited:
We got to park next to a younger sibling at the farmers market.

1297D769-6CE0-493D-896F-6DC789938B86.jpeg

Got out to do a little scouting for the upcoming elk hunt
20190921_065854.jpg

Installed new drag link and drag link ends (thanks @cruiseroutfit ). Steering wheel is pointed straight for the first time in over 5 years. Even got my wife to help (tell me when the steering wheel is straight) with no complaints, which is pretty amazing.

Then promptly backed over my furniture dolly--got it wedged in there pretty good between the tires :doh:

I did that with our expensive double stroller in the Costco parking lot ofter loading the groceries. Pretty embarassing when 6 or 7 bystanders are yelling and pointing.

It was fun meeting up with brother from a different mother @Qball today and bought his Slee washer bottle relocate bracket.....got it installed today with second battery tray to install next...

008.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom