What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally pulled the trigger and went to 35s with stock gears. YOLO

1AA0DB95-D564-4625-8F94-D8C4CC83A113.jpeg

Installed an ARB bumper I got a deal on. Then checked PS wheel bearing/preload for a weird rotational squeal I had when slowly parking and backing out of parking spaces...after messing with the drive shaft it sounded like it was coming from somewhere around there.

Then her once a year wash with my pops.

7104D0EE-7587-406D-ABFA-F26628767D12.jpeg
1F128E5F-3116-4950-B196-805D53729D4A.jpeg
46BD3B7A-281B-4CC9-B5D8-A5FC2515390D.jpeg

One dump run turned into two. Found an opportunity to teach my boys to take care of other people's mess.

We came across this trash, on the way to the transfer station.
20190511_133143.jpg

Dropped our trash, and went back to clean it up. No charge even. 😎
20190511_140846.jpg

I heard there was a 'yard sale', and the leftovers were just, left.

I took my oldest(19 months) on his first overland adventure. We drove over light hill, about an hour trip, we both had a great time!

80C972B9-668C-4F3D-A333-654B575AC5D8.jpeg

Well this took more than a weekend but just finished my front end rebuild. Pulled the Diff, shipped it to East Coast for new gears and Harrop/Eaton e locker install, installed Low Range front axle rebuild kit, front u joints, Nitro front axles/birfs, Marlin tie rod/drag link kit with tie rods and Avid Offroad 80 Series bumper with dual swing outs

lexus axles in.JPG

lexus bare birf.JPG

lexus diff 2.JPG

lexus front 2.JPG

avid offroad.PNG

Drove it to a few different trail heads in search of wildflowers to make a mother's day bouquet.
20190511_151017.jpg
20190512_144136.jpg
20190511_140804.jpg

Ok lets pretend it was a long weekend got back from a 30 day roadtrip almost 45days ago excactly in this time I
Installed new king bumpstops up front got from another mud member
removed and totaly resotred ironpig skid plate and replaced for now with Hudd expo unit
painted ALL armor on truck which is extensive used either Steelit or eastwood co 2K paint
removed rack RTT and KC 50in lightbar
pulled national luna dual battery setup and ONE of my two Odyssey extremes the 88lb 100AH one.
removed rear drawer unit I built 2 years ago.
pulled entire interior to clean everything
removed ABS and LSPV completely.
Built a new rack out of very familiar looking but not exactly pieces
Installed a reLIon Low Temp (can be charged even when cold using low heat element) 100AH lithium battery in newREAR drawer unti I built lighter bigger and rapotr lined with locking slides.
installed new blue sea guages USB 12volt outley in shifter console
installed additional fuse block(blue sea) in rea of truck to accompany bussman fuse/relay block I already installed last year up front.
installed new 4x4labs swing out pistons finally
installed Delta panhard bracket.
installed victron 712 bluetooth to monitor litihum
and thats pretty much it
OH YEA, bought a warn 12vrs last year never really use it, BUT always pulled line clean dry it as I live in northeast, noticed the drum was rusted to shiite, and the screw holding synthetic rope setscrew was rusted solid,SO I drilled , retapped painted and installed it again, ONLY to have it somehow arc out and kill hencho en china motor(requiring me to buy another motor for 289.00 and installed it AGAIN again.

Jailbreak Overlander on Instagram: “Wiring is finally done ended up adding another fuse block in the rear might as well while I’m wiring threw in a battery kill switch and…”
I ordered a new RED WINCH and expect it to perform better as they are built for real.
oh yea the alu cab up top, not sure it will remain at all. hard to tell.
and I think thats it, now Im rolling west in the AM for a month or so

DSCN0106.JPG

DSCN9826_Moment.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom