What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80 Took me and the bike to Laguna Seca

Refreshed the 80 suspension with new old stock Tokico Trekmaster, 20mm spacer in the front and 30mm Dobinson poly spacers using the OEM springs. I also upgraded the swaybar bushing with polyurethane.
Here's a picture of the 80 finished

New EBC rotors, refinished hubs, and new OEM wheel studs.

Added something I’ve been wanting to do forever; added a little storage from those fine folks at Back Bay Customs. Really loving how it turned out and it’s now home to all my soft recovery gear items and other misc soft stuff for easy, quick access.

It is a little intimidating taking a cutting wheel to your tailgate but.....measure thrice, cut once got me through it !

I added ‘dynamat’ into the interior to hopefully protect the inside a little and stop any annoying rattling.

Quite happy !

Beat the ice off my sliders and rear bumper with a rubber mallet. It’s been sub zero for almost three weeks straight.

What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno
Sat in a parking lot with it due to it stalling after driving for about 10 minutes. No idea what the culprit is, would not re-start. Had same issue last time I drove it, as soon as I let my foot off the gas and the vehicle is warmed up, it stalls and does not refire. Last time I let it sit for about an hour, it started right up and drove it home. This time, I let it sit again for about an hour, still will not fire. Opened gas cap to see if it has some sort of vapor lock. Will go back in another hour or so. If no start, AAA flat bed time to get her home......

Installed part of the Wagon Gear CB antenna. Bought the wrong converter thing, but the antenna is installed.

Had a lot of rain recently and I noticed a sloshing sound of water everytime I accelerated from stop and stopped from slow speeds. Checked on this forum and found out I had water in the rocker. Used a ziptie to push through the slits to drain. Also, removed the cover off the steering column to lube since the steering wheel squeaked everytime I made a left turn. Love this site.

Pulled my LX headlights and grille and installed Kelly Saad's grill and headlights. WOW. Just amazing design and craftsmanship.
Went to a club cruiser show at the local Toyota dealer and watched a dust devil pop my tent 100+ feet into the air, amazingly it landed in the dealership lot full of new cars but just glance off a used car glass sunroof without any damage.
Very exciting day for all sorts of reasons. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom