What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just for u @Dragos80

IMG_8496.JPG

They are truly crazy. Love to be warm. Mine sits out in the Sun in the middle of summer.

No comment for fear of being banished from sight! Lol

Just Bought the Rocky Road sliders with the cat protection for $560... basically free shipping ! I had looked at sliders for a long time and most of them were too much $$$ but also had been looking at these hitch steel ones with the cat protector plate too for awhile . Just happened to see they had free shipping right now... so seemed like a slam dunk ! Pic from the website

new%20sliders_zpsyvmcyllp.jpg

Sorry you ordered from them. I bought them and it is the biggest regret on my 80. The fitment was awful, I had to chop and re-weld the brackets to make it fit correctly. Also the first time I came down on the off road I bent them and they are touching the body again. I called them about it and they said that they knew the mounting brackets werent strong. Terrible company and sh*t head owner/customer service. If is isnt too late cancel your order and go with someone else.

Also I know someone in the club Im I am a member of and he also had fitment issues. Just a heads up.

@thekitchensink Your hood pic suggests it’s more than just the frame ears. My frame was “diamonded” and it took about 8 hours on the frame rack to straighten it.

My impact was worse, and I’m only going on a limited view. If it’s just the ears, get a pull clamp and hand winch and pull ‘em straight.

You can search my more recent posts on this thread for some visuals. My frame swayed enough to bend one of the hood hinges (pulled it forward) and I had to replace it.
Thanks man! I took it to a body shop and they said it doesn't look too cattywampus. We shall see...

Reactions: Nay
Got new tires, 285/75 and love them

View attachment 1621169

Put the exact same tire on my 97 last summer. They're incredible. Last weekend in a group of 6 trucks going through snow that was up to 4 feet deep, I was the only one to not get stuck. I credit my driving obviously, but we all know the truth is in the tire.

Went looking for snow. Found some.
IMG_20180126_194825.jpg

Truck pictured isn't mine. It's my buddy Salue's. He's a member on here somewhere.

He asked if I wanted to take the lead. I was like, "you go for it, buddy." I didn't know that those that don't plow, dig. Sweating with your shovel in 4 feet of snow is a unique experience.

This is Beckler River Road in Washington Cascades.

Went looking for snow. Found some.
View attachment 1621783

Truck pictured isn't mine. It's my buddy Salue's. He's a member on here somewhere.

He asked if I wanted to take the lead. I was like, "you go for it, buddy." I didn't know that those that don't plow, dig. Sweating with your shovel in 4 feet of snow is a unique experience.

This is Beckler River Road in Washington Cascades.

The snow was great up there, some friends and I were up there Saturday, same road. I think we saw you guys parked off in the trees, or at least what looked like some Land Cruisers. Looks like you found the really deep stuff! That place is beautiful in the snow.

My LX450 windows have had the wintertime blues since I got her 3 years ago. When temps here in MT drop below 40 (starting every November), my windows gladly go down but sadly not up.
That all changed on Sunday. Along with the new regulators, I yanked the window tracks out, degreased/scrubbed them, and reinstalled with liberal helpings of dry-lube. The first one (driver's) took about an hour start to finish, the second took about 1/2 that. Its all good now, even @ 15 degrees.
IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

Last edited:
I bought my first land cruiser this weekend! Kinda stumbled across it. 1997 with 106k on it in really great shape (paint is near mint). 400 miles in and she runs fantastic!!!!
Nice job and that's barely broken in at 106k ! Just a suggestion... you should '86 the Damage multiplier front grill guard and rear tail light guards ... they have been know to live up to their name of "Damage Multiplier" ! Have Fun !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom