What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (18 Viewers)

TexasJack

SILVER Star
Always carry some extra ATF for that pump.
I try to carry extra fluids across the board. ATF, Brakes, Power steering, Coolant, gear oil, etc. I have a sealed container I carry it in. Never know what will happen in the sticks. You just need enought of each to allow you to limp back to civilization....and hope you brought enough. :)

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
So...

Who would I speak to about finding myself a rear window assembly?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

What campsite did you stay at and would you recommend?
This was Oso group campground - not cheap but there was a ton of us there. Check out yellow post camping - always been a good experience in the Big Bear area.
Holcomb Valley also good to check.

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So...

Who would I speak to about finding myself a rear window assembly?

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

When I busted mine a local glass shop found me a window on ebay. They ordered it for me and installed it all for $160.00

Safelite quoted me $980.00 for the same repair....

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
I have a set I removed for gull wings. Where are you located?
Sacramento. Are they tinted? Mine has the "privacy glass" or whatever it's called.

on the rocks

SILVER Star
Sacramento. Are they tinted? Mine has the "privacy glass" or whatever it's called.
I also have gull wings ready to go on. NV would be closer tho. Glass not pulled off yet but would have the seals and from a 97 CE. Keep in mind if a simpler more timely route falls thru.

Huge shout out to Land Cruiser Northwest in Portland OR. After I serviced the rear axle I decided to let them do the front. It's 60 miles away but it's the only shop I'll let work on my rig.

20220810_153452.jpg

20220810_153446.jpg

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
They are tinted, I don't know if it is privacy, but they are dark. These are complete, seals, frame, glass the whole monty. I'm in Sparks if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer! I think I’ve sourced one locally.

Bolt in the wrong hole. Started screwing the cap bolt in instead of the calliper bolt. I was aware of the issue and had a system in place when doing my axle rebuild, but was rushing and f*cked it up. Thought I'd got away with it, torqued up okay with the correct bolt. But a few months later when doing brake work tried to reinstall calliper bolt and it threaded out

Helicoil would have been cheaper, but I'd never trust it in that application, and I found a new knuckle on Partsouq for a lot less than expected

Feldrian

Full of opinions and expensive ideas
SILVER Star
Bolt in the wrong hole. Started screwing the cap bolt in instead of the calliper bolt. I was aware of the issue and had a system in place when doing my axle rebuild, but was rushing and f*cked it up. Thought I'd got away with it, torqued up okay with the correct bolt. But a few months later when doing brake work tried to reinstall calliper bolt and it threaded out

Helicoil would have been cheaper, but I'd never trust it in that application, and I found a new knuckle on Partsouq for a lot less than expected
I had to helicoil one of mine when I stripped a caliper bolt hole. If they're properly installed a helicoil is stronger than stock, I just never trust the "properly installed" part. I totally understand your sentiment.

Bolt in the wrong hole. Started screwing and f*cked it up. Thought I'd got away with it
Classic problem. It happens to everyone at least once.

Gave mine a bath after many weekends in a row of wheeling.
Still cleans up nice

F9DED5D0-E484-4DC8-B87A-D5A6258B8A44.jpeg

B992A1B4-38F6-4B86-BAF0-E10D9E3D8EFA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom