What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (26 Viewers)

Did a quick under carriage clean, greased the steering wheel hubs and some bits and pieces.

Took lots of photos the right side has some rust issues that need addressing the left is ok.
exhaust.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-17 at 12.55.16 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-17 at 12.55.15 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-17 at 12.55.16 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-17 at 12.55.15 PM (1).jpeg

If I’m missing an inside joke and you’re actually a brawny beast who eats knuckles for breakfast, pardon me

If not, check out the knuckle videos on youtube from 6th gear garage, 2nd gear low, and otramm.
I’d like to think of myself as a brawny beast, but my wife would prolly tell ya otherwise. I’ll definitely check out those vids. Thanks for this info.

I initially didn't want to share my moment of shame but I feel like I must confess and atone.

My rear brakes were making noise. Then my braking power noticably diminished. I ordered new pads and rotors immediately.

This is what I discovered on the driver side.

View attachment 3057781

:flush:
The conclusion to my last post: when completing the brake repair, I found the missing pad :clap:

20220715_155511.jpg

If I’m missing an inside joke and you’re actually a brawny beast who eats knuckles for breakfast, pardon me

If not, check out the knuckle videos on youtube from 6th gear garage, 2nd gear low, and otramm.
I've watched plenty of Otramm videos and he does a great job but watched 2nd gear low do the video and have to say I'm impressed with his detail. Great info either way, will need to scope out 6th gear garage.

More of a summary of my week vs just this weekend. Started out Monday pulling the front diff to install 4.88s. Got it torn down and found the gears in the box didn't match the part number. New ones being sent and will arrive on Monday. Since I had it down, I was going to install my offset trunion bearings to get some more caster. They went in fine. Steering linkage, not so much. Way too much grinding was going to be required of the control arms so I pulled them back out. Basically off-and-on work for 3 days to accomplish a knuckle refresh because that was the only successful part. Hit the Coal Miner Cruiser Classic at Anthracite Outdoor park and wheeled Friday and Saturday. Nothing broke and still have all body pieces intact. Few scratches from bushes but meh. Was able to buy an IPOR skid plate off the guy who won it at the raffle for a bit of discount so that was a win too.

Feldrian

Full of opinions and expensive ideas
SILVER Star
Excuse built in to ih8mud poster profile. 😇

Also, your can buy a half decent substitute off Amazon for 20% the price.
Weird, apparently the original quote vanished so this makes no sense.

Mosmatic hurricane flip reference.

Yah head goes to the shop tomorrow and on this next weekend hopefully
You put the hylomar on the block then lay the head gasket on over the top, I would measure your block make sure it is in tolerance first, if it is use the hylomar, we did used it everytime, used the blue gel and put it on lightly they also make a spray.

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
Checked/repacked front wheel bearings. Everything looked good, the grease was pretty dirty, but no significant diff oil contamination. Need to do the brakes soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom