What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (14 Viewers)

Motor went live last night! Runing like a sewing machine. Waiting on driveshafts from the shop before I can drive the sh&t out of it to seat the rings. Gotta flush power steering as I’m getting a good growl and must have air in the system.

2DDBC9ED-4BFE-48AF-800E-0E185E04390F.jpeg

940CBE85-033A-406B-B453-7AEDE871959B.jpeg

E0EA8A35-F08E-411C-BD42-674315389C08.jpeg

Got my first tank of daily driving that exceeded 17 mpg since I put the 35's on.

Prior to the exhaust I was seeing a cumulative avg of 16.3 mpg on my daily commute.

With 4 tanks on it now, I am seeing 16.9 avg on my commute. That means based on fuel savings my exhaust will pay for itself in 375,000 miles.

Thank god that's not why I bought it.

Hit a snag in replacing the exhaust. Everything is about an inch too far forward to line up w/ the hanger brackets. If I line it up, there's the same distance gap from the back of the converter flange to the muffler pipe flange. Only way it could be off that I can see is that the front cat is possibly too short. Now I'm suspecting that's why the shop cut the factory brackets and just made it work. The second cat is 11.5" which seems to be the right length. Oh well, why would I expect it to just work LOL.
My magnaflow and bosal system was a direct fit.
What's your down pipe assembly?

Hit a snag in replacing the exhaust. Everything is about an inch too far forward to line up w/ the hanger brackets. If I line it up, there's the same distance gap from the back of the converter flange to the muffler pipe flange. Only way it could be off that I can see is that the front cat is possibly too short. Now I'm suspecting that's why the shop cut the factory brackets and just made it work. The second cat is 11.5" which seems to be the right length. Oh well, why would I expect it to just work LOL.
Bosal cat? That's a common problem with their 1st cat/y-pipe. I had to do some significant modification to mine to get it to line up with the rest of the factory stuff. I was almost a little glad when I bashed it on a rock and had to replace. Some of them fit, some of them are too short and also need the "Y" spread out to meet the manifolds.

Last edited:

davidp14

SILVER Star

My bosal (BRE) needed some massaging to the brackets to make them line up right. I used OEM mounting hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom