What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Threads
So I've been reading through this thread over in the 80 section and it's nice to see all the cool things that people have done to, and with their 80's. I did a search, but didn't find one in the 60 section, so I thought I would start one. If one already exists, I appologize!

So, what did you do with your 60 this weekend?

Me?

-Fixed the Tail light and fuel gauge wiring issues.
-greased the front driveshaft
-topped up the PS, coolant, brake and clutch reservoirs
-found the coolant leak, replaced a bad hose clamp.
-filled my veggie tank so I'm ready for the week!

Most pictures of this would be pretty boring, so instead I'll include one from a few weekends ago, when I spent about an hour and a half chipping 1/2" of ice off my truck. (We had pretty bad freezing rain)! Yes, that's a rock chipping hammer...

image.jpg

I can't believe this didn't get any bites!

I checked my oil and filled it up with gas.

:D

I also cleaned the door panels and dashboard earlier this week with this stuff called "Champion Dressing" we have at work. Similar to Armor All. My door panels look like new. Can't use it on the cloth portions, but it gave the vinyl some shine again!

EDIT

Four-thousandth post!! Woot woot

IMG_6916.jpg

I looked at it and wished it was in the sun.

I looked at it then shook my head in shame. Then I proceeded to change out EGR hoses and also drained the tranny fluid. Waiting for my new magnetic allen head plugs to come in so I can fill it.

I continued to put the interior back together after sound deadening the floor and doors, while I wait for Australia Post to deliver my suspension, it's only been 10 days :(

FJ62 sound deadened, sound system and AC work

Installed complete sound system including amp below passenger seat, installed sound deadened in doors and floor. I then removed AC system, cleaned heater core and installed new OEM hard line, Expansion valve and dryer. Just need to charge up the system now.

On the Move

We are now in Eagle CO. Resting place for the 83 for the rest of the winter. After the mishap with the tree, my daughter decided that what was mostly her LC was now mostly my LC, so it needed to be moved from CA to MI for restoration. So we drove it 3 days from Petaluma CA to Eagle CO arriving last evening. Today we take the Amtrak back. Parked and used this winter by friends here and in the spring driven the rest of the way to Michigan to my shop. We have owned it for at least 10 years and was a field expedition vehicle for daughter who had it all over the southern parts of the US. It has been in Michigan hardly at all during it's lifetime. Anyway runs great and just needs some work in the cosmetics, especially as it now has pick and pull fender and hood of none matching color. So, I guess this is a multi step program we are on. By the way the Transportation of Vehicle Industry sucks, so she will just have to get where she is going under her own power. So as a weekend project goes, she is half way to her new home.

Used Moonshine to work at Habitat, got a new filecabinet, then get lumber for a new workbench.

Need to do the following this week though:
- oil change with bypass filter
- new alternator

Researched and started locating parts for my new toy...

J

:D

Riding around some local dirt roads minding my own business this weekend, went to turn around and found out this hole was very deep and i was in 2wd at the time...just thankful I have a winch

Mine sat at home while I went off to drill. Hopefully next weekend I'll do something.

Bama4door- how did you mount that light bar? any drilling?

I just noticed that, good catch. I'm planning on doing something very similar on my own truck! Interested in more info.

Drove it. It the deep snow we have been getting the new Rav4, 05 F-150 and '70 FJ40 sat still while the 60 plowed snow with the front bumper!

Nope no drilling at all. I got (2) Bulldog 2.0 Diamond Rack gutter mounts from here:
http://www.diamondrax.com/diamondrax-roof-rack-mounting-systems.html

Kind of expensive, but they are extremely beefy and have great customer service!

So I just mounted both of those on the gutter mounts and then used the mounting tabs that came with the light bar to mount them up to the gutter mounts. I can get some more up close pics later when I get home if need be.

Nope no drilling at all. I got (2) Bulldog 2.0 Diamond Rack gutter mounts from here:
http://www.diamondrax.com/diamondrax-roof-rack-mounting-systems.html

Kind of expensive, but they are extremely beefy and have great customer service!

So I just mounted both of those on the gutter mounts and then used the mounting tabs that came with the light bar to mount them up to the gutter mounts. I can get some more up close pics later when I get home if need be.

That would be awesome, thanks.

Rig looks great Bama.

Pulled mine out from where it's sat for 6 months, degreased it, put the full doors back on, did a little more fender trimming, tried to dry out the interior with a fan and baking soda.

Ordering some chromo shafts for the rear and installing my 4:88 gears this week.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Rig looks great Bama.

Pulled mine out from where it's sat for 6 months, degreased it, put the full doors back on, did a little more fender trimming, tried to dry out the interior with a fan and baking soda.

Ordering some chromo shafts for the rear and installing my 4:88 gears this week.
Good to see a cruiser from Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom