What did you do to your pig today? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't do anything to my fj55 today, only that I bought it!

Hey Brenno,

Where are the photos? Give us details.

Dan

I know you have a York

Sure, I've got a York...it's still in the garage, doesn't look like I can mount it and still close the hood with the brackets I have. Also would have to relocate my batteries to put the alt on the side of the York. Still using the medium-sized ARB compressor.
Found this tank at Georg's swap meet a couple years ago. It's an 8" diameter tank, don't know the gallons. Plan is to use the ARB pump to fill the tank, mount a couple fittings for an air hose for tire filling and run my new-found air horn off of it.

Hey Pighead,

Tell us some more on that air tank. I know you have a York, but does the tank supply air lockers, air hose, etc. and how many gallons is it.

I've been looking at some different ones for my lockers, but I'm buying the Puma electric pump, no room for the York.

Thanks, Ron

I wonder if you could use an empty freon tank under the Pig?

Not enough inlet/outlet/drain ports on a freon tank...

You're right Pighead, A guy would have to weld his own ports in, like when they use a bumper or boxed sliders, for air tanks. Some guys get pretty creative.

yesterday, while pighead worked on the airtank, i gave the blue pig a little love. long ago got rid of the 4barrel and offy intake for a 2f intake and weber. plans were for an aisan. pighead rebuilt one of the aisans a while ago and we got a base from a fellow mudder, just never really finished it up. needed an air cleaner. needed a return line. needed some fittings. need need need....

got fittings, bent up a return line and began hooking everything up. except the throttle. the carb is a linkage style and rig was converted to cable a long time ago. but we got it running and it runs great...now to hook up the trollhole cable adapter....

that was going to require removing the pressed on ball stud, so carb has to come off and pighead wanted float adjusted a touch lower so he thought that since the carb was coming off anyways, rebuild the cable carb on the 45 and put it on instead.....

now that he's dealing with p.o. work on the 45s carb, he may want to rethink that idea ;)

IMG_20130430_183805_570.jpg

Since all the road salt was washed away in our little rain storm last week - the pigs are finally out of storage. I sure did miss the little fellas. It's nice to drive a pig again

You should come over and raid my stash of pig parts before the Great Parts Purging that's gonna happen this summer as soon as the LV is done. I have roughly a pig and a half in the shop mezzanine.

for air tanks you can score some great sizes at truck salvage yard. thats where i got mine. its about 3 gal and mounted alot like Twrecks. used to run a york but since the diesel swap its running a scanden rotary. puts out the same air, or close enough i cant tell. use it for everything, even used it for the last paint job.

You should come over and raid my stash of pig parts before the Great Parts Purging that's gonna happen this summer as soon as the LV is done. I have roughly a pig and a half in the shop mezzanine.

It would be an honor - just let me know when. The radiator you gave me is still in Chester.

Needed to replace the belts so I bought a big end bearing for my alternator that was making noise, only to strip one of the housing screws so I couldn't take it apart to replace it :frown: Re-man Bosch is freaking $150 for the MB :mad:

Oh well, went ahead an picked up the optional 65amp instead of the stock 55amp :)

Tucker

65 amps?!? Jeez, I almost remember the days when my Pig could get by on 65 amps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom