What did you do to your pig today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zeke just sat there and looked pretty as I used him as a comparator to figure out where parts went on Mavis, my fj40 project

16630146668991281145070605117935.jpg

I started the process of resurrecting the old pig after letting her sit up for the last 7-8 years,

new battery, cleaned out the junk inside, labeled and pulled plug wires, pulled the plugs and shot some lube into each cylinder and let it sit overnight.....I was worried the engine had frozen up, but no!

hit the starter a couple times with no plugs in and she turned over a few times no problems. Pretty pumped!

Next up will be gap a replace spark plugs, oil change, filters, and then get the fuel tank drained and out, cleaned and recoated.

Then hopefully get her fired up and back on the road.

Took a drive down the hill to the outskirts of Sacramento, met up with the Knorr Bros, got an intact second hood latch to replace my Rubithon carnage. Thanks guys.
Decided to put in a riv-nut to replace the captured nut inside the hood which un-captured itself years ago and which i ignored, which directly led to the carnage.
It's nice to have that latch working again

20220918_161708.jpg

20220918_161642.jpg

20220918_162922.jpg

Pulled out half the heater, found that big hole in firewall that i knew would be there but which looks bigger now. Trying to figure the best way to bypass the hot water so i can pull the rest but still drive the Pig .

20220912_110212.jpg

20220918_163207.jpg

found a couple old ones from another thread circa 2008! not much changed, IPOR swing out rear bumper, vintage air AC,

get er running and would like to get a factory paint job on her again. original was grey and white.

Wife is partial to...brace for it .....green.

but I think grey is cool and leaning that way.

Pulled out half the heater, found that big hole in firewall that i knew would be there but which looks bigger now. Trying to figure the best way to bypass the hot water so i can pull the rest but still drive the Pig .

View attachment 3124744

View attachment 3124745
No rear heater either, right. Make a loop in and out on the water pump. At least that's what I'd do with the chevy motor.

Yanked the old nasty chevy wheel out in preparation for an new one. po swapped in a chevy tilt column and wheel. not sure what year, probably late 70s or 80s. these old chevy wheels age badly, they breakdown and get sticky. I've cleaned and wiped but no bueno. So new wheel ordered.

IMG_1040.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom