Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know Phil is kidding, but to clarify (because someone asked me after the post):

It doesnt make the cooling system run cooler, just the air intake temps.

:banana:

Correct me if wrong but cooler intake temps = cooler running motor and less taxing on the cooling system.

I think an all-the-time intercooler that was constantly cooling would make a difference for sure.

There are some days I cruise easy to and from work and it doesnt even activate. BUT on a long uphill where it is going to be activated for many minutes at a time under load, I can see where that could come into play. 50+ degree cooler air in those situations could only help!

Up to date reports on that '71 here would save time surfing, just saying..:D

Over the last week or so I have done...

Removed rear heater and PIA plumbing for it.

Removed the remaining OEM cell phone crap:grinpimp:

Installed my 285/75R-16's

Ordered my lift...be here Monday:hillbilly:

Fixed all the broken exhaust mounts.

Picked up a ARB roof rack.

Cut the front bumper in half.

Bunch of little PM stuff:wrench:

IMG_20130907_175524_zps0e222f1a.jpg

IMG_20130907_175001_zps89ce1620.jpg

Last edited:
The trimmed front bumper facelift looks like one of the "best bang for the buck" out there. What kind of lift are you getting?

I got my rear axle torn apart. I'm installing the Aussie Locker, new brake pads and checking the axle bearings. While trying to save room in the garage I found that I have the drivers side too close to the wall and cant slide the axle all the way out. I tried to use the force and levitate the truck over but my powers are weak. Yoda is never around when you need him.

GOOD TIMES !!!!!

I got alot of Cruiser stuff done today:

The 80 had a shimmy when braking, found out the front rotors were warped and already under spec so didn't want to resurface even further. Installed new rotors, packed the front wheel bearings, new seals and pads while at it. Good to go!

The 40 had an underhood light that was in need of replacement. I found a similar light and wired it in this evening. Waa-Laa! let there be light:idea:

DSC04933.jpg

DSC04934.jpg

It was time to address the charcoal canister. I was done with smelling gas and high pressure at the gas cap!

I went the rebuild route to see what was in the can and why it quit working. Found a valve clogged and unclogged it and replaced the charcoal. Looking back a better/cheaper option would be to buy the replacement from Vatozone VC-120 for ~$40. The conclusion came after spending too much time and $12 on replacement charcoal. :doh:

The rebuild required removing the charcoal canister, grinding off the lip, replacing the charcoal, and tack welding the can back together. Simple if you have the tools needed.:meh:

IMG_6667.jpg

IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

I got the OME lift on, with J springs in the front and mediums in the rear, with the nitro sport shocks. the Aussie locker is in and its working great. It was a minor ASS pain putting it in because I forgot the shims and had to do it twice. I cant hear it clicking at all when turning the corner. I also got the 255/80 r17s with new style FJ cruiser round hole wheels on the truck. My FJ and FJC now have matching wheels and can be swapped around. The FJC now has 285/75r17 Nitto's thanks to Murf. Once my Metal Tech bumper arrives the 80 will be as complete as its going to get until I win the lottery.

I got the OME lift on, with J springs in the front and mediums in the rear, with the nitro sport shocks. the Aussie locker is in and its working great. It was a minor ASS pain putting it in because I forgot the shims and had to do it twice. I cant hear it clicking at all when turning the corner. I also got the 255/80 r17s with new style FJ cruiser round hole wheels on the truck. My FJ and FJC now have matching wheels and can be swapped around. The FJC now has 285/75r17 Nitto's thanks to Murf. Once my Metal Tech bumper arrives the 80 will be as complete as its going to get until I win the lottery.

All that and no pictures!?!?

I got alot of Cruiser stuff done today:

The 80 had a shimmy when braking, found out the front rotors were warped and already under spec so didn't want to resurface even further. Installed new rotors, packed the front wheel bearings, new seals and pads while at it. Good to go!

The 40 had an underhood light that was in need of replacement. I found a similar light and wired it in this evening. Waa-Laa! let there be light:idea:

Oem scoop?;)

Cruiser-daughter #1 helped with new struts, springs, and brakes on the front of her 4Runner. Goes faster with two! Did rear brakes and shocks two weeks ago. She approves of the new ride... found out that the Sears Max-access sockets are really useful for that one strut tower nut that Toyota decided to put right under the inner fender lip. There's always one nut/bolt that turns a theoretically quick job into something longer. :lol:

20130921_112437.jpg

Last edited:
It was time to address the charcoal canister. I was done with smelling gas and high pressure at the gas cap!

I went the rebuild route to see what was in the can and why it quit working. Found a valve clogged and unclogged it and replaced the charcoal. Looking back a better/cheaper option would be to buy the replacement from Vatozone VC-120 for ~$40. The conclusion came after spending too much time and $12 on replacement charcoal. :doh:

The rebuild required removing the charcoal canister, grinding off the lip, replacing the charcoal, and tack welding the can back together. Simple if you have the tools needed.:meh:
:lol: sounds like the needed tools are two Jacksons!

Last edited:
That is so great that you both are working together. Giving her some insight on being able to handle the basics herself and empowering her.

Not to mention some Dad time too :cool:

<priceless>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom