Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Early morning wheeling today

20200229_083335.jpg

20200229_075729.jpg

20200229_071905.jpg

20200229_092159.jpg

More pics

20200229_074725.jpg

20200229_092242.jpg

20200229_091900.jpg

Finally got all of my wiring done... for now. Ran 8 gauge from the battery to a fuse block mounted to the forward face of my drawers. I cut to fit a rubber mat as a mounting surface/dampener/insulation.

IMG_0668.jpeg

Now have power to my 12v gang on the rear face of the drawers:

IMG_0678.jpeg

Have power for my fridge:

IMG_0674.jpeg

Have my Icom ID-5100a mounted to the forward face of the drawers as well. Ran a mic extension to the center console and mounted the mic hook where it was easy to reach, largely out of sight and doesn't get in the way. Also using a mag mount for the head unit that mounts in the CD slot:

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

Some wet muddy camping and VenturCraft shakedown cruise near Mayer AZ at a buddy's hunting camp. also first try with new Gazelle tent. the Gazelle kept us lots dryer, completely dry in fact, but hey it's not a 1995 model.

hunt camp.jpg

VC mine.jpg

New rubber. 275/70/18 Ridge Grapplers. Wanted to go bigger but the availability of this size on a moments notice nearly anywhere I might run into a problem was the deciding factor.

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

I know this is sacrilege, but I'm starting to take my 100 closer to stock form as it's transitioning back to my DD (~300 miles/week commute, plus weekend trips) and I don't plan on taking it on trails that require anything beyond sliders and 33s. If the itch comes back to do more technical stuff down the road I'd probably add an FJ80 or first gen 4runner/pickup to the family.

So far replaced the 860 springs with OEM springs + 30mm spacers, which with my storage platform, should sit just above stock height. Also went back to OEM front bumper.
Next is new upper and lower balljoints, UCA/LCA bushings, wheel bearings, steering rack, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, and OEM shocks to make it feel brand new again :steer:

A damn packrat at my #1 cylinder spark plug wire. Does that count?
so tomorrow I’ll be doing spark plug wires.
I have some colorful profanities you are free to borrow regarding Mr Neotoma. :meh:

I have some colorful profanities you are free to borrow regarding Mr Neotoma. :meh:

now I don’t want to park the 80 outside. But I also don’t want my newer 4runner eaten either.
I replaced only plug wire 1. Runs again. I haven’t driven it far enough to know how well it runs.

Last edited:
From what I have read, most of the new auto insulation is eco friendly soy based.

I have been hosing my wire harnesses down with a cheap tire "shine" spray can from the dollar store every 6 months or so, so far, so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom