Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my new SS1

1581360742848.png

Bought an Auto-Vox dash and backup camera so I can see behind the FJ-40. Works pretty good in the Taco too.

Works great as a rear-view mirror. The back wide-angle camera can show a vehicle to the side of me and completely eliminates the left & right blind spots. Very nice setup.

The mirror display unit has an input for a GPS unit (included) and it records GPS data directly in the video files. Software included with the unit displays GPS data, G-force data, and the video on a PC. Videos are *.MOV and can easily be edited and spliced together. I don't see any way of exporting the GPS & G-force data though.

Mirror unit also shows backup lines if desired, and the front camera has a lane departure warning system.

Video from the front and rear cameras are continuously recorded, and I estimate the 128 GB memory card is good for about 18 hours of driving. Long trips will require multiple cards or dumping to a PC every night.

First drive with the cameras on the FJ-40 on the way to Charouleau Gap Friday night.
(Video re-encoded to 1920x1080 High def on 2020-02-15)

1581510252442.png

Last edited:
Sounds like your EGR System has an issue. Check for vacuum leaks in the modulator circuit ect.
new cats solved the problem. I learned that the ones on it weren't original after all. thanks for the help guys.

Recently was having a sticky throttle pedal, so I ordered a new one from Riverview Toyota, thank you @murf The install took about 30-40 minutes. The hardest part was getting the bolts started with the bracket. So I took the bracket out and said screw it. The difference the new throttle cable makes is night and day. With the new cable, the throttle is more responsive and now I need to learn how to drive the LC again LOL!!!

throttle cable 2.jpg

throttle cable.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to watch Datona today, but with the weather delay.....
I broke out the 3M Restro kit I bought months ago. Should have taken a before pic, but happy
with the results.
003.JPG
002.JPG

Rolled over 200,000 miles last Sunday. Was wheeling off road with the missus so missed the actual event.

D04D3685-10FE-4377-BB32-C8A661CD10A3.jpeg

The wife came out this morning and said we are going somewhere and we are taking the LC. I haven't been down Sycamore Creek very far. We started from the Four Peaks entrance and probably went down 3-4 miles. Having not been there myself and alone I didn't want to get too far in and get stuck.

The road conditions were packed sand but there was a small stretch that was muddy but wasn't too concerned in the LC. There was someone out there in a Rav4, not sure if it was AWD or FWD. Hopefully, they got out.

sycamorecreek1.JPG

sycamorecreek2.JPG

sycamorecreek3.JPG

sycamorecreek4.JPG

sycamorecreek5.JPG

What is the story on the transfer case?
He didn't change the driveshaft support bearing like I suggested 6 months ago and end up snapping his driveshaft on the highway and it swung around and broke off the 4wd actuator. The actual transfer case is still good I guess.

Spent last week trying to get my old set up in the new truck. Made some modifications to try a different approach. Compressor is now behind the fridge. Stacked table on top of my ladder. Fridge was in the second row. Might add a fridge slide on top of a small drawer at some point. Power distribution with solar controller will be behind the small second row seat. Enough room for a second battery to be mounted there later.

I'll test this for a while and see what needs changing.

IMG_20200223_181736.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom