Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Voodoo looks good amongst the oaks. :cheers:
Thank you sir👍. Would have liked to do more primitive camping but hard to find that in Oak Creek canyon. That pic was at Cave Springs campground just north of West Fork.

ill post more pictures as soon as I can. and the pail is something I used to do. old german tanks had a pail on the back. it was used for everything, to move food, oil and water. it was the kitchen sink. lol. so I just kind of adopted it one day.. :hillbilly:
Well as the 40 is kind of tank like I like it👍

Go figure, when I was underneath and installing new coils I stood up and my hip caught the fender flare and something broke with a yellow plastic part (that had obvious JB weld evidence of being fixed before).
003.JPG

Story short, the thumping at highway speeds put me on a search mission today and the mangling of the other clips that hold this on..
1) For those who are familiar with these parts diagrams I am guessing I need #10, pn 5384635020 sound correct?
2) And to complicate things, #8, there is a type 1 and 2.:hmm:

004.JPG

005.JPG

Go figure, when I was underneath and installing new coils I stood up and my hip caught the fender flare and something broke with a yellow plastic part (that had obvious JB weld evidence of being fixed before).View attachment 2060644

Story short, the thumping at highway speeds put me on a search mission today and the mangling of the other clips that hold this on..
1) For those who are familiar with these parts diagrams I am guessing I need #10, pn 5384635020 sound correct?
2) And to complicate things, #8, there is a type 1 and 2.:hmm:

View attachment 2060673

View attachment 2060676

Looking at #8 it shows in red right for one and left for the other. But 90904-67036 as the actual part number for both. Searching parts I run into this a lot with Toyota, they show are right and left but are the same part number.

Looking at #8 it shows in red right for one and left for the other. But 90904-67036 as the actual part number for both. Searching parts I run into this a lot with Toyota, they show are right and left but are the same part number.
Those are listed as type 2, but below that (also #8) is type 1, 90904-67037. At only $1.25 I may just order 3 of each.

Those are listed as type 2, but below that (also #8) is type 1, 90904-67037. At only $1.25 I may just order 3 of each.

Looks like you need one of each if your working on a front flare. Your picture is the left rear.

I find two 90249-06132 for the rear quarter panel. Plus three 90467-09179

75598-35010 08.2000 - 11.2002 QUARTER GARNISH, FRONT LH VZN18# this for the front connector for the left rear flare. I also show two 90269-04047 at the front of the flare.

This is a confusing diagram. Might make more sense having the vehicle and flare to look at in person. The front flare was easy to find in the front clip diagram. The rear flare is a little harder to find. Might try key word moulding and see if that where it is on CBT's site.

PS: looks like a part number for what I think is the bolt I see in the picture.

Last edited:
Thank you sir👍. Would have liked to do more primitive camping but hard to find that in Oak Creek canyon. That pic was at Cave Springs campground just north of West Fork.

Ha! I should have kept reading...

I love primitive, dispersed camping. But sometimes these established ones give a nice break.

For the last week, I have been having a soft pedal for the first 2 compressions of the brake pedal and the 3rd is usually rock hard. With the power of the web and asking a few people, I have come to the conclusion that it could be either the master cylinder or the booster or both.

So today in preparation for the worst I removed the ABS and LSPV. As a reference I used: JeepinPete's ABS/LSPV delete great write up by the way @JeepinPete I only took one picture of the whole process and that was of when I had the ABS pump out.

My routing of the brake lines is not as clean as JeepinPete's neither is my engine bay. But this should give you a good idea of how much more room you should have after deleting the ABS.

The only issue I had with the LSPV was unbolting it from the frame. But I removed the nuts that hold the LSPV to the bracket and got it off that way. There are 4 bolts that hold the bracket on are accessible, 2 are easy to get to the others are a pain in the ass. They are up between the frame and gas tank.

Tomorrow I will bring some brake fluid home and refilling the reservoir and bleeding them with the help of the wife on Tuesday.

IMG_0780.JPG

Threw a 13lb brisket on the smoker at 6am

IMG_20190801_073957988.jpg

Installed my new/old pioneer stereo that has bluetooth. Updated to 15 year old technology! The tiny powered sub sounds great also!

IMG_20190731_153653220.jpg

Made a frame for the new dometic fridge slide I got to solve my problems. Mounted the 30 second kitchen to the slide, mounted the whole setup in the truck, then made a chainflex cable for my fridge slide. Got tired of the cord dangling around. Works great!

IMG_20190801_121102210.jpg

Then installed my Tepui awning. That took all of 10 minutes. I put it on the drivers side because I like to drive through trees and I wanted to be able to keep a close eye on it.

IMG_20190731_164649854.jpg

Breakfast/lunch/dinner for the next camping trip

IMG_20190801_184326499.jpg

Ended up hiking about 30 miles on the trip. While I was out, I found a stream with a bunch of massive rainbows in it. For whatever reason I did not bring a fly rod, so I made plans to come back the next week. Also, my slinky springs were delivered at home, so I put those on before the trip.

End verdict on the slinky springs - nice, but not $850 nice. They ride about the same as the ome j springs they replaced on the road and on dirt roads. The truck is level when unloaded, which is not what I was expecting for heavy rate springs. The front is 1.5" taller than it was with j springs, the rear is exactly the same height.

The big improvement is at high speeds, the truck does handle rough stuff much better. The rear end doesn't buck nearly as bad as before. They do flex a little better, and the springs don't come loose on full droop.

I am running the regular off the shelf icon 0-3" shocks, so this is not the full slinky kit. The shock valving is pretty good for these springs though

IMG_20190820_172759955.jpg

On to the fish... In 5 hours I caught 7 trout. 2 12-13" rainbows, a 12" brook, 18.5", 19.5", 21" and 22" rainbows. Best day of fly-fishing I've ever had in AZ

IMG_20190821_121924117.jpg
IMG_20190821_134331237.jpg
IMG_20190821_141333152~2.jpg
IMG_20190821_150709066.jpg

wishin I was fishin too........

Right? :cheers:

And eating smoked Brisket???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom