Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the good news is: we officially registered the 80 in Arizona today :D

confused :confused: so you bought a Bosch shipped in a Japan box ?
Yup. Word from other posts on Mud about that very topic is that Bosch licenses the tech to various OEMs including the Japanese manufacture Sieken who sells to Toyota.

I missed the 222222 on our 80 :mad: :bang:

guess, we have to drive it to 333333 :idea: :doh:

Like this?

222222-jpg.1840665

Well I fixed the window frame on the camper shell that's on my minitruck, and my brother and I picked up a new 40 that we've been tinkering with. Last night I flipped the bezel. :hillbilly:

QaDAPU.jpg

ill post more pictures as soon as I can. and the pail is something I used to do. old german tanks had a pail on the back. it was used for everything, to move food, oil and water. it was the kitchen sink. lol. so I just kind of adopted it one day.. :hillbilly:

So this isnt a what did you do, as much as what I now have to do.
The starter went out in the wifes gx470.
Planning on replacing Saturday.
Starter, I take gaskets, heater "t"
Anything else I should replace while I'm in there?

Water pump, belt and timing belt done 30k ago.

Been an expensive week since I got back from Hundreds in the Hills on Monday.

Replaced the steering rack at Camelback Toyota at the beginning of the week.

Since I sliced the sidewalls of three of my tires at HIH, it was time to get new tires. I've been sitting on some 16" wheels for a while now to replace my 18"s. So I swapped my KO2s from 275/65/18s to 285/75/16s. So I've got some 18s if anyone is interested.

IMG_20190802_095145.jpg

Last edited:
The 80 got a little hot the week before while driving and caused the AC to shut down, quick check of the temps saw the truck hovering a little over the 220 mark. Not good. After getting home I did a quick check of everything and did not notice anything out of place.

I was never really happy with the engine coolant temps on the truck prior to this but, this spooked me a bit. So after a little research, I decided to swap in a TYC radiator to replace my Koyo that is 6 years old. (It did not keep the rig as cool as I would like, it wasn't unusual for the temps to reach 210 or so.) So I swapped it in and did a transmission fluid flush at the same time.

Well after pulling the grill, I found the reason the rig got warm. A piece of black plastic had lodged itself between the transmission cooler and the radiator! It was a little over 10" by 12" laying flat against the face of the radiator, no wonder it got warm. I should have seen it while giving it the once over, I need to be more observant.

The 80 got a little hot the week before while driving and caused the AC to shut down, quick check of the temps saw the truck hovering a little over the 220 mark. Not good. After getting home I did a quick check of everything and did not notice anything out of place.

I was never really happy with the engine coolant temps on the truck prior to this but, this spooked me a bit. So after a little research, I decided to swap in a TYC radiator to replace my Koyo that is 6 years old. (It did not keep the rig as cool as I would like, it wasn't unusual for the temps to reach 210 or so.) So I swapped it in and did a transmission fluid flush at the same time.

Well after pulling the grill, I found the reason the rig got warm. A piece of black plastic had lodged itself between the transmission cooler and the radiator! It was a little over 10" by 12" laying flat against the face of the radiator, no wonder it got warm. I should have seen it while giving it the once over, I need to be more observant.

At least it was something minor, and you got a new radiator out of it.

At least it was something minor, and you got a new radiator out of it.

Yes, 6 years is not too old but I would have replaced it at 10 years of age anyway. Got a chance to do a little cleaning while I was in there. Now I just have to figure out how to stop the power steering reservoir from leaking.

Did some camping in Oak Creek Canyon this past Saturday, very rela ing!
B8EDEE95-8902-466C-8020-6C3D1A0308BE.jpeg
57D9FFCD-63D1-4314-AA17-7050A2206F1E.jpeg

the good news is: we officially registered the 80 in Arizona today :D
Claudia are you guys in town permanantely now? Tom

I spent the week wrenching on my 80 thanks to a triple locked lx450 I acquired. Swapped the axles, electronics etc and now my white 80 is triple locked.😎 there was a lot of work doing this by myself on the ground, but not too complicated. Both trucks are now all buttoned up and all the dash lights are working,
lockers are locking✌
Also put new rotors on my truck, changed all the fluids and replaced all the rear control arm bushings, 10 of them, eek. These bushings are priced like Toyota wants to keep them all to themselves😬 no knock on CBT or @murf, discounts are appreciated 🍺
Even the donor truck is running and driving just fine afterwards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom