Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it sucks to get old. If I kneel down one more time, I will probably have to call for help...;)
I got it done though. OME 880 coils squeezed and mounted on Bilstein 5100's and OME 906 coils in the rear (With 5100's).

While I was in there, it was time to loose the warped rotors and replace them with performance braking. Just took it for a test on some familiar bumps, one word, awesome...

Just under a 3" gain on the sagging stock coils, exactly what I was looking for.
002.JPG
003.JPG

Impressive, OME vs OEM
005.JPG

Before and after.
001.JPG
006.JPG

Hmm wonder if it was the AHC lift...after that long maybe the slight change in suspension geometry was a shock. Boots were fine, no tears. No seepage when I did sway bar links not too long ago. Clamps just done I guess, if they were original that's pretty amazing.

20190621_170533.jpg

20190621_173051.jpg

new plugs
new belt
new tensioner
new idler pully
Courtesy of @murf and CBT resource! Thanks.

Plugs show made in Japan......think they are original? If so, I think they look pretty good, all miles considered. New plugs are not from japan. Made in USA.

m0bTpR9.jpg

cZTmvfp.jpg

MjE1kE8.jpg

Think they have washers, need to pull out and look. What type do you need?

Will check shortly.

After installing the lift, the tires look too small. :hmm: (Dammit)

At first I thought you were Rick rolling us and the I got the song

I summoned my inner seamstress and built up a nicer sleeping platform.

My old sleeping platform using a common exercise mat
7D_30010-small.jpg

I spent some quality time with my wife's old baby sewing machine (I can't touch her nice one😢)
7D_30001-small.jpg

I cut up a three inch thick "cooling" memory foam mattress top to fit my sleeping platform and sewed three covers for them
7D_30011-small.jpg

Hoping it will be a little nicer than what I have been using for the last ten years
7D_30012-small.jpg

Stacked for driving
7D_30014-small.jpg

Also, I switched over from Mobil 1 10W-40 to Shell Rotella T5 15w-40. Oil pressure went from approx 40 to 53'ish on the 'ol 3FE. It is marginally cheaper, and quieted the engine down a little bit.

Engine temps have increased about 7 -10deg with the heavier Rotella 15w-40. Going to drain it, and try Rotella 5w-40. Might just be a little too thick for the old 6'er.

If anyone likes signs I have a buddy who made these for me. He can do any size up to 48". Prices start at 200 and go up to about 800 for the big ones. They are made out of aluminum and look awesome. He is an enlisted dude stationed at Like AFB.
IMG_20190629_143222109.jpg
IMG_20190628_180639239.jpg
IMG_20190628_180645703.jpg

Before n after

20190628_183152.jpg

20190628_194551.jpg

- New front sway bar bushings (originals were rotten)
- New rear radius arm bushings (one was blown out, causing a lean and clunk)
- New brake master cylinder
- New heavy duty steering stabilizer
- Ordered a new awning. It arrived late, damaged (in undamaged packaging) and incomplete (Addiction4WD on Amazon for the total fail, steer clear).
- Ordered two Front Runner water cans with spigots. Nice quality, and the spigots will be convenient, but there was lots of residual plastic manufacturing debris in them, some of which was not small, requiring lots of rinsing. Kinda sketchy.

Anyhow - cornering, steering, braking - what a difference. Just in time for a four day tour on the Arizona Strip.

Last edited:
Must be brake booster month, I just replaced mine too. Fun stopping when it goes out right!
Maybe it's the heat? It does turn up the excitement and difficulty to 11!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom