Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Linseeded Peaches this 7/4.

BEFORE
BC012C48-9D77-40EC-BD7E-25688E2FDB04.jpeg

AFTER
0B4CF0E2-F2EE-40D6-8784-C1C445CF5435.jpeg

Finally added wiring for compressor, extra 12 volt outlet and shore power plug for the fridge. All tucked away behind the subwoofer speaker grille, which is held in place with some magnets.
IMG_20180709_205449.jpg
IMG_20180709_205528.jpg

Pro tip-
You will spend half of your time on this suspension upgrade trying to remove the nut on top of the driver side front shock.;)

finally replaced the drivers seat bottom foam on the 80. much better!

View attachment 1732048 I've been leaving a portable weather station (air temp/humidity) in the truck for the past week just to see how hot it gets in there.
from 7 am to 11-12 it was reading 118-124 depending on clouds/outside temps, which were 104-108.
at 5 leaving work it was between 132 and 137.

I had looked into linex for the roof, and a thread popped up in the 200s forum by someone else pondering the same thing.
specifically, the rear AC blows hot air for the first few minutes and struggles to cool off the back.
someone mentioned Bus-Kote. It is a plastic based paint with ceramic material in it designed by NASA for a school district to put on their busses. (hence the name)

at $50 a can, vs over 200 for linex, I thought I'd give it a try. https://www.amazon.com/Hy-Tech-Ther...=UTF8&qid=1530121622&sr=8-1&keywords=bus+kote

day one, leaving work interior temp 118. Day 2, temp was 124, but the rear ac vents blow luke warm air upon start up and cool down almost immediately.

it isn't as durable as linex/rino lining, but should help protect the roof from errant tiedown strap hooks or small dings from loading the roof rack.
plus, I'm all kinds of hipster-retro with the white top on red cruiser :grinpimp:

so far,very happy with the investment.
Hi, thanks for sharing the info. I have black LX here in Tucson and it has a lot door lock issues when the truck in hot or in the sun. I have read about the motors and threads on this issue, it is an endless string of solutions.
So your solution is appealing. I have investigated wraps for the top and/or plasti-dip the top with white. My concern with the Hy-Tech is that is it removable like plastidip?

Thanks for any info and progress.

Hi, thanks for sharing the info. I have black LX here in Tucson and it has a lot door lock issues when the truck in hot or in the sun. I have read about the motors and threads on this issue, it is an endless string of solutions.
So your solution is appealing. I have investigated wraps for the top and/or plasti-dip the top with white. My concern with the Hy-Tech is that is it removable like plastidip?

Thanks for any info and progress.

I would imagine it would be very difficult to remove. It dries like a plastic. Not as tough as Rinolining, but definitely not coming off anytime soon.
I can't say enough how much this helped with 2nd row ac vents and how quickly the inside of the truck cools off with the AC.

I do need to sand it to get rid of the texture. as I suspected the grooves collect dust like crazy.

I would imagine it would be very difficult to remove. It dries like a plastic. Not as tough as Rinolining, but definitely not coming off anytime soon.
I can't say enough how much this helped with 2nd row ac vents and how quickly the inside of the truck cools off with the AC.

I do need to sand it to get rid of the texture. as I suspected the grooves collect dust like crazy.
Thank you for the reply. This is critical info. Funny thing is, I believe once I paint the top white, the locals will think I have a police squad truck that is unmarked, heh.

HOLY goldmember Dr. evil. what is going on with that VW van.

HOLY goldmember Dr. evil. what is going on with that VW van.

Ya, lol. The mover said it belonged to some rich guy... no power though. It’s mainly for shows I think. It’s a vw troopy conversion. Lol

Ya, lol. The mover said it belonged to some rich guy... no power though. It’s mainly for shows I think. It’s a vw troopy conversion. Lol

tell us about the new to you FJ60, looks very nice!

Oh it’s not new to me, I just moved to Arizona. My company shipped it out to me! It’s an 85, needs a little more love but she’s coming along nicely. I’ve had it since last October, and I’ve been all threw it. New ome suspension, fixed the spring over axle mod to bring it back to stock, new muffler, new seats, replaced all the dash parts, cleaned it (ongoing... ) fixed the OEM electric antenna, jut trying to bring it back to stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom