What Did You Do To Your Diesel Today (WDYDTYDT) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guess I am boasting or just real proud and happy with my 2h. 133.6km on 12 liters of diesel works out to be 8.9l for 100km or 26.4 mpg. 1988 hj75 troopy, 2h unmolested besides extractors/headers and oil bypass filter, fairly fresh injector nozzles 308k km on the clock. Moderate load about 200kg., freeway driving, 2000 rpm, 90-95kmh.

I wonder if there are other diesels doing the same fuel economy?

Guess I am boasting or just real proud and happy with my 2h. 133.6km on 12 liters of diesel works out to be 8.9l for 100km or 26.4 mpg. 1988 hj75 troopy, 2h unmolested besides extractors/headers and oil bypass filter, fairly fresh injector nozzles 308k km on the clock. Moderate load about 200kg., freeway driving, 2000 rpm, 90-95kmh.

I wonder if there are other diesels doing the same fuel economy?

I've never seen better than 22 mpg. But I'm ona turbo diesel 80 on 35s. I'll never see 26

I've never seen better than 22 mpg. But I'm ona turbo diesel 80 on 35s. I'll never see 26
that's 10.6l/100km which is not too bad for how much faster and happily tow you can do. interesting.

Bigger tyres would muck up your odo, it would actually read less mileage for each revolution done.

that's 10.6l/100km which is not too bad for how much faster and happily tow you can do. interesting.

Bigger tyres would muck up your odo, it would actually read less mileage for each revolution done.

I correct for my tires on my spreadsheet.

My speedo is 8.3% off based on GPS.

not a huge achievement but i made my self a heatshield
1685564097416.png
1685564161062.png

@veiloctane of course I will ask …what was the process involved making this? I think it’s terrific

@veiloctane of course I will ask …what was the process involved making this? I think it’s terrific
Trace old heat shield with paper to make template. Cut material a bit larger so you can fold the edges. Can be easily formed by hand. Hammer in the screw bolts.

It was actually pretty easy. Like a arts and crafts moment.

@veiloctane well…this is new to me. I thought maybe you molded it from carbon fiber. Nice stuff

More arts and crafts made heat shield for turbo exhaust and down pipe and also messing around with airbox intake pipeing
A2694CEC-1FDC-48ED-85E9-9A516DA19C01.jpeg
2245FCA3-D32F-43C8-A6DC-1D3B25FB574C.jpeg

Yay and now to install Wideband O2
This one is Bluetooth ;) and to note you need Bosch 17212 for diesel as it won’t clog up as easily.
6816B575-0F41-4F8D-A94E-D90874B7C216.jpeg

This Toyota diesel is finally running great! I have a list of things to get to but a friend @mudgudgeon told me…just ride it for a while and don’t screw with it…good advice So instead, I painted the heat guard….major work, huge improvement 😂

IMG_9862.jpeg

I think I’ll polish the valve cover next !

This Toyota diesel is finally running great! I have a list of things to get to but a friend @mudgudgeon told me…just ride it for a while and don’t screw with it…good advice So instead, I painted the heat guard….major work, huge improvement 😂

View attachment 3340500

That's 5hp right there! 😄

View attachment 3340500
looks great what paint did you use?

thanks…it is only a Rustoleum branded high heat silver. But, I did glass bead the heck out of it

Last edited:
Fight with getting the crank pulley off. Now to install :) with new seals o-ring and new bolt

The starter bump trick sure helped!!!

93D70DED-C441-4732-9CB4-1686F2F058F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom