What did you do on your 70 series today? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1HZ build continuation… @stayalert

BD89576B-FFEE-4261-92EA-436D8C314402.jpeg

BEFC797F-24B4-47A6-9E53-88C771E20110.jpeg

CC516FC1-434D-4ED2-8DB3-D52FAF34CD9C.jpeg

C0C26049-CA6F-406A-ACDC-C7844F4193F5.jpeg

Not sure where to post this but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for suction cups (the kind you can pull with rings attached) for my solar shades. My solar shades work great in the Texas heat but the suction cups it came with are horrible. Too small in diameter to get strong holding power.
Hello,

I use Midwest Fastener suctions cups from the local hardware store.

Recommended. Give them a try.

Juan

Hello,

I use Midwest Fastener suctions cups from the local hardware store.

Recommended. Give them a try.

Juan
Thank you. I just ordered some from Amazon. Will see how those work first.

installed the autometer gauge cluster to support the imminent turbo install.... sooner than later i hope

IMG_20220711_173043[2].jpg

IMG_20220711_173855[1].jpg

IMG_20220711_173915[1].jpg

Been out of town for a week the bj-73's been parked. What to drive it today got inside and noticed some tree branch debris on the hood. A big thunderstorm came through while we were gone and my limb riser cables have saved me again. This is the second time they've deflected a falling tree branch. This time however the branch was about 9 ft long and 40-50lb. Very minor dent in the hood scratch on the fender and one of my pvc fishing rod holders was busted off the bumper.

IMG20220711171754.jpg

IMG20220711171727.jpg

IMG20220711171704.jpg

New oil in diffs and gearboxes. Engine oil was done two weeks ago.
No dramas.
Also greased all shackles, driveshafts and also the greasable OME leaf springs.

I'm still in shock on what happened to the Red Rocket Troopy.
Gave my 3B some TLC and hope it will not let me down like that.
I'm feeling with @theglobb .
Ralf

Surprised by that as well. I bought a 3B that was in pieces on a pallet, assembled it and ran it for quite a while without issues. I ended up having to replace the head as it was cracked (saw that when I assembled it) but ran fine cracked until I added a turbo, then the cracks opened. Replaced with a Chinese head and it ran great. Not sure it is still running though, that vehicle has changed hands a few times since then.

Last edited:
Surprised by that as well. I bought a 3B that was in pieces on a pallet, assembled it and ran it for quite a while without issues. I ended up having to replace the head as it was cracked (saw that when I assembled it) but ran fine cracked until I added a turbo, then the cracks opened. Replaced with a Chinese head and it ran great. Not sure it is still running though, that vehicle has changed hands a few times since then. @OGBeno might know as I've seen the Chilean 45 soft top troopy in the background of a few of his photos he's posted.

A compression test was done, the turbo was removed immediately, and I replaced the HG with the upgraded MLS iteration from a 13B-T.

3B's and turbos suck. No matter what someone from 1990 says.

Met up with some other Seattle Cruiserheads and brought the 73 along. Interesting driving it both in downtown Seattle and in rush hour traffic. Definitely put a smile on my face, not so sure about the people stuck behind me as a slowly went up grades.

1657730654831.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom