What did you do on your 70 series today? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the BJ73 on a leisure trip. Found a nice spot at a water mill from 1885
20210417_105214.jpg

Also explored a former military depot. Those old bunkers would make perfect workshops, but are now dedicated to bats as a nature conservation project.
20210417_120520.jpg

Yeah basically you could say its a replica. I actually looked into buying it but shipping to EU and then paying tax and duty didnt make it worth it, considering I spent €160 to have it cut (incl. material).
It's amazing the changes in custom fabrication. I do "calibrated hand eyeball vision/design and fitment" when I do a welding project. So many tech savvy people these days are getting CAD files, having them CNC cut and then they fit perfectly for welding. It won't be long before these methods become really common to use. Make a drawing of what you want. Take a picture of your truck without bumper and mounting points showing, and a sheet with measurments. Submit to a firm who then turns your photo with size measurments into a to scale file to design from and creates a cad file for you. Submit this to a local firm who CNC cuts metal. etc..... etc...........It's like collaborated skills from around the world coming together without having to pay/use fuel to ship a product all over for each stage of production/consumption.

Disconnected the pto drive shaft from the winch so I could drill it out for a 1/4" shear pin (it was a 3/16")
Made new pin from mild steel.
Also installed some battery terminal covers.
shear pin 1.JPG

shear pin 3.JPG

shear pin 4.JPG

terminal covers.JPG

Used it to haul a looong load of steel home. Ridiculous how much steel has gone up in the last year. I purchased a 20 foot stick of 2.5sq. .120 wall last year for about $60, this year that same stick is $180!

View attachment 2646963
I found a local recycle yard that will let you walk around and look at the junk they have and sell it to you by the pound for scrap price they pay when it comes in. Great way to pick up steel for projects. I picked up a CO2 tank with regulator and 900PSI still in the tank for $6. I'm using it with my mig welder. Amazing what some throw away. Aluminum Oxygen bottles are all over the place. Old people with lung problems pass away and their families just throw away/give away their 02 bottles and they end up at the scrap yard still in hydro.

Weak sauce. Real men go OEM. :lol:
Is there a part number convention that would easily allow us to order OEM belts by length? Both my Troopy and 40 have non-standard AC compressor arrangements... and I end up grabbing a few Gates belts, trying them out, and returning the ones that don't work. Not sure how I'd pull this off with OEM...

But all my other belts are OEM. Gotta make sure I virtue-signal that loud and clear. ;)

Is there a part number convention that would easily allow us to order OEM belts by length? Both my Troopy and 40 have non-standard AC compressor arrangements... and I end up grabbing a few Gates belts, trying them out, and returning the ones that don't work. Not sure how I'd pull this off with OEM...

But all my other belts are OEM. Gotta make sure I virtue-signal that loud and clear. ;)
Yes. The part Numbers for belts during this time period Do indeed correspond with dimensional aspects of the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom