What did you do at work today?

It seems like many of us have interesting jobs. I've posted some stuff in the random picture thread, but I thought it would be cool to start a thread where we could share some of our day to day shenanigans.
The other day I had to be lowered into this 12" x18" hole to fix a crack in the bottom of this resin tank that treats well water. The second pic is my view looking up, the third is my view looking down and the last is the crack after 5 passes.
IMG_20161207_092810758_HDR.jpg

IMG_20161207_081918985.jpg

IMG_20161207_081910653.jpg

IMG_20161207_091346677_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, I took the next two days off, and I wrapped some stuff up. Mostly, I discussed current issues at work and sampled the donuts that multiple people felt would be festive way to make a good Wednesday. Now, it's rum time.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale

Today being Thursday was my final day of the year, and tomorrow will be my first ever day off.

Two tasks today. I started at Southbank, Melbourne at 7:35 and finished in Mount Waverley at 17:20 - The quickest drive home from work was accomplished.

The first task was at one of the 'Big Four Accounting Firms' where they required multimode which was not specified in the design.
For fibre optic I'm only setup for singlemode, so the client had to go searching for a SC/PC to LC/PC because my tester's multimode GBIC uses SC. Whilst this was happening, this job was dependant upon the wireless fibre being replaced with fibre at a data centre in Melbourne.
On Wednesday the customer did suggest that they could use a Media Converter to make use of the singlemode that we had designed, but upon my arrival today they suggested the use of a Cisco GLC-SX-MM to check whether it would work in the Nokia 7210 SAS-D. - Amazingly it worked. This was also my very first time using multimode since during education in 2011.

The second task utilised Telstra as thirdparty - typically terrible

Last edited:

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
LOL.... uh finished up reviewing the first drafts of our contractors Use Cases for the next bienniums main project, worked on getting back into compliance with security trainings, responded to a few emails, approved a code release to test/dev environment for compliance with Question 1 (bastards and their gun control laws).... that's all I can think of at the moment. Oh and surfed MUD, MTBR, Pinkbike, Vital MTB, Amazon and read up on some frequency response curves for home subwoofers (currently debating between the Dayton SUB-1000 or Polk Audio PSW10 to go along with my 20yr old Polk RT-25s). Oh and I am about 3/4 of the way through my day...

Guess I can call it quits as that is more productive than some people are in a month!

Top Bottom