What did you clean up with your 80 this weekend. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone enjoy's wheeling on public lands than they certainly have come across plenty of trash left by lazy A holes. I am sure plenty of Ih8mud members pick up other people's trash when they come across it. So I decided to start this thread where we can show off all the trash us responsible 80 owners pick up.

I think it would be cool to make this a sticky thread. Maybe this thread will encourage even more people to pick up trash from our beautiful public lands.

I came across a nice pile on my way home from camping today...

20210328_131412.jpg

20210328_122904.jpg

The best part is these idiots left 3 boxes with legible shipping labels attached. Instead of going in the dumpster this pile of trash is going to the BLM evidence locker lol.

Since you have the address, I would return it to it. Obviously they misplaced it and I am sure they would greatly appreciate that you found it for them and returned it, in the same condition they left it. Afterall, a virtuous person would certainly return anything they found that was not theirs if they could...

Several years ago I had a person who would allow their dogs to leave nice little doggie bombs in my front yard. No question who it was since my home office looked out over the front yard. So, I collected the fertilizer and promptly returned it for her. She was upset and I couldn't figure out why. Once returned, I never seemed to have a problem after that. :meh:

Since you have the address, I would return it to it. Obviously they misplaced it and I am sure they would greatly appreciate that you found it for them and returned it, in the same condition they left it. Afterall, a virtuous person would certainly return anything they found that was not theirs if they could...

Several years ago I had a person who would allow their dogs to leave nice little doggie bombs in my front yard. No question who it was since my home office looked out over the front yard. So, I collected the fertilizer and promptly returned it for her. She was upset and I couldn't figure out why. Once returned, I never seemed to have a problem after that. :meh:

Haha, I probably would have done this very thing a few years ago. I was still very tempted lol. But the older I get the less drama I want in my life. Knowing my luck I would be the one to end up with a criminal charge if I returned the "targets to the rightful owner".

I was out wheeling with my 10 year old grand daughter this pass weekend. Ive found it's best to instill the love of the outdoors when kids are young. I told her that we leave the desert the same way we found it. The only acceptable item to leave behind you, are your tire tracks, and then you only leave those tracks on established trails.

I spent 6hrs waxing mine on Sunday only for a wind storm to blow in last night. The wind kicked up tons of dust and then rain came so it basically rained mud on my Cruiser! 🤬🙄😂

Cheers

I spent 6hrs waxing mine on Sunday only for a wind storm to blow in last night. The wind kicked up tons of dust and then rain came so it basically rained mud on my Cruiser! 🤬🙄😂

Cheers
Haha, It's what did you clean up with your cruiser this weekend. Not what did you clean on your cruiser this weekend lol.

A dusty truck is what you deserve for ignoring the desert :rofl:

I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my text.....

I was out wheeling with my 10 year old grand daughter this pass weekend. Ive found it's best to instill the love of the outdoors when kids are young. I told her that we leave the desert the same way we found it. The only acceptable item to leave behind you, are your tire tracks, and then you only leave those tracks on established trails.

Awesome man, if the young generations in this country don't learn a respect for our public lands and don't learn to enjoy them than we are going to lose our freedoms.

This also reminds me of something an old hippie from California told me when I was hiking off the trail one day. She said "Walk as if your kissing the earth with your feet". She was upset I was walking on the cryptobiotic soil.....

I won't say what I told her about driving on the earth.....

The best part is these idiots left 3 boxes with legible shipping labels attached. Instead of going in the dumpster this pile of trash is going to the BLM evidence locker lol.
This reminds me of my neighbor who saw someone in a work truck drive by and throw a bunch of trash out. There was a business name on the side of the truck so my neighbor looked up the business address, gathered up all the trash and drove over there, where the truck was parked outside and dumped all the trash right outside their door. Grumpy old men rule.

I also did that once where I saw someone throw a McDonalds drink out of a window at a stop light. Got out, retrieved it for them and returned it. You might say I got a funny look from the driver.

Bottom line, I don't get it. How damn hard is it to wait to get home, drop of the stuff at a gas station etc. Today's society has become so inconsiderate and only think of themselves.

Agreed... threes a concentration at the TX coast of people who think it is someone elses job to maintain the thing that they go to "enjoy"... we were in Aransas Pass for the week and went over to Port Aransas (TX) yesterday and today, picked up about 40 pieces of plastic including a whole 5 gallon bucket that has washed up and the other guy was just looking at in front of his rv trailer (no pics but i did show my daughter (12) what a good custodian is). /SMH...

If anyone enjoy's wheeling on public lands than they certainly have come across plenty of trash left by lazy A holes. I am sure plenty of Ih8mud members pick up other people's trash when they come across it. So I decided to start this thread where we can show off all the trash us responsible 80 owners pick up.

I think it would be cool to make this a sticky thread. Maybe this thread will encourage even more people to pick up trash from our beautiful public lands.

I came across a nice pile on my way home from camping today...

View attachment 2628797
View attachment 2628798

Cool, but how is this tech?

Cool, but how is this tech?
How is half the stuff posted on this forum like I washed my truck today, or I hit the 250,000 mile mark on my odometer "tech"?

And why do you care? Does it bother you that people are cleaning up our public lands? Honestly I just figured it would be cooler to see people cleaning up public lands and actually using there 80 series compared to the endless bickering about cooling sytem effectiveness, caster correction methods, and people polishing there garage queens.

I love this thread. Conserve what's Yours. Mine is dead at the moment but the Fish and Play that still works. We keep contractor bags on board and when we go out on the sand bars pick up what is around us. It seems to be contagious, saw another boat doing the same. Humans are only an invasive species when they choose to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom