What Did I Do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh no, Marc's already thinking of selling this one!!

Now we'll hear about the selling/buying saga for at least the next 3 years.:flipoff2:

TR

I'm not convinced the 1FZFE is the Holy Grail of Toyota's I6 engines.

Coming from someone that still runs Windows 95 and doesn't own a vehicle built in the past 3 decades, this comes as no surprise. :flipoff2:

-Mike-

Hey, at least I now own a MP3 player! And for the record, the 4Runner was built in the last three decades, just not in the last two. :flipoff2:

Coming from someone that still runs Windows 95 and doesn't own a vehicle built in the past 3 decades, this comes as no surprise. :flipoff2:

-Mike-

I'm with Jon on this one. It's rather embarrassing to say that both Chrysler and GM (and maybe Ford, but I don't know that personally) offer equivalent displacement engines that are both more powerful *and* economical, not to mention durable and probably weigh less as well.

I'm with Jon on this one. It's rather embarrassing to say that both Chrysler and GM (and maybe Ford, but I don't know that personally) offer equivalent displacement engines that are both more powerful *and* economical, not to mention durable and probably weigh less as well.

and easy as heck to tweak, parts are plentiful and cheap. However, Toyota does come from GM heritage.

and easy as heck to tweak, parts are plentiful and cheap. However, Toyota does come from GM heritage.

Are you referring to the F engine or something else?

Hey, at least I now own a MP3 player!

... loaded with show tunes and Glen Miller albums that you converted* from vinyl to 8-track, to cassette, to CD, and now to MP3. ;)

*converted=stood in front of a speaker with a microphone hooked to a reel-to-reel tape recorder.
-Mike-

Lets not forget that the 1FZ-FE engine was designed by Toyota to sell in a market where petrol was plentiful and cost ~$1/gal, and we were all cruising down I25 at a federally mandated national speed limit of 55 MPH. Things were different. This engine hasn't been sold in the US in over 13 years.

No issues with the accelerator pedal though. :D

-Mike-

Windows 3.1 dude. It never crashes.

... loaded with show tunes and Glen Miller albums that you converted* from vinyl to 8-track, to cassette, to CD, and now to MP3. ;)

*converted=stood in front of a speaker with a microphone hooked to a reel-to-reel tape recorder.
-Mike-

Glen who?

hehe....

Ryan

I can honestly say I've never owned an 8-track, though I'm old enough. I've owned a bit of vinyl in my past too, and from an audiophile perspective, it's still the best way. But, all of my current music is on CD, about 400 of them. Sorry Mike, no Glen Miller. I'll leave that stuff for you old guys. :clap:

Oh no, Marc's already thinking of selling this one!!

Now we'll hear about the selling/buying saga for at least the next 3 years.:flipoff2:

TR

There's no way I could get rid of it. Danise likes it too much. Plus, I've got about as close to a new engine as I could get with all the work I just did to it. I hope I don't have to touch it for a long time. I plan to have it for about 10 more years until I won't be hauling kids/cousins/scouts around with me anymore. Then I'll be in the market for my first love, a pickup. I just wish the Tacomas hadn't gotten so big. Maybe by some miracle we'll be able to buy a diesel Hilux in the US in 10 years.

I loved my Tacoma. I wish I still had it...

I'll ditto that. Should have kept it. A coworker has been talking about trading hers in. I told her I would buy it from her in a heart beat if I had the bucks.

I loved mine but my family outgrew it and I couldn't afford a Double Cab at the time I needed to replace it.

. This engine hasn't been sold in the US in over 13 years.

:steer:

Yup, and until 2 years ago, was sold in non-EFI 1FZ's in Venezuela, and is still sold in 70 series rigs in South Africa and in Australia to this day. It is an optional engine for the UN 105's and 70's from Toyota Gibraltar as well.

They've been using that engine in Cruisers almost as long as they used the 2F.

Parts will be plentiful for the 1FZ for a long time to come.

-Mike-

What is wrong with vinyl? I still collect it. I also grew up on road trips listening to 8-track (which really sucked having to playing the whole thing just to listen to one song), my dad intorduced me to the Beetles that way. Just wondering Mike, how do you know this whole transfer process over the many years of different media apps? :flipoff2:

What is wrong with 8 Track? That is what the 40 has and I rock out.

We will be getting Ross a car for graduation so I will be getting the Tacoma back in a few weeks. We don't need 5 vehicles but I don't want to sell them.
-Mike-

What is wrong with 8 Track? That is what the 40 has and I rock out.

I think Paul made a joke, Judges rule, yup he made a joke. Have you seen an 8-track? Back to the thread topic.......?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom