What Did I Buy?! 😔 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently picked up a set of what we’re supposed to be BJ60 axles with 4.11 gears, a lunchbox in the front and spool in the back. Unfortunately I ordered them off of a Facebook ad and had them delivered, without ever physically seeing them. I’ve now pulled them apart only to find that they are both 3.7 gearing and both are open. I looked for indication to prove that they are at least 60 series axles but the info I’ve found to date is inconclusive. The Center section of the front is stamped 41111-60. Hoping to put them under my 77’ 40 but now don’t know how to proceed. Any ideas?

1FE30A5B-1821-41EF-8A16-A963E4304B8C.jpeg

E891A50E-140B-4796-9B65-1A2A4CA65A0A.jpeg

C54A3866-4F5C-4524-AF80-72F10D1150CF.jpeg

43279324-B8E7-4564-8FE0-D237E439FBC7.jpeg

my guess is 60 series axles, but a wms to wms measurement will prove what they are
that is some homemade high steer going on

You bought a refund? No lockers really sucks.
I would ask for an adjustment in price.
I tried and got a sorry message but apparently the seller has no money. At this point I don't want to throw good time after bad. I'm planning to order gears and lockers but just want to ensure I'm getting the right parts. I believe ARB makes a locker specifically for a 9.5" SF rear that works with the c clips.

60 series axles are wider. Measure them and compare.

Another problem
Created by a speculators market. We didn’t keep our devotion enough of a secret.
I’d have a hard time being anything close to ok with this transaction. You did not receive what you were sold.
Might help others avoid being ripped off if you shared the source- providing your source does not make it right for you.
I hope it can be remedied.

Jon40 he has money. YOUR MONEY. Heres what you do, you say you would like your money back then and bite the bullet for shipping and return it. If the seller says no then you can threaten to take him to small claims court over mispresenting a product he sold or give him the option to take 25% off the price as a Ernest gesture of a good faith remedy. Don't back down.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll keep pushing for a discount but I suspect it wont happen and I don't have the time or energy for small claims. I've ordered 4.88s and ARBs and plan to be much more prudent on my next FB marketplace purchase.

3.70 is 1/79-up FJ40 and 81-87 FJ60. The lockouts are from a 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom