What did I buy? No, really. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This has old school sbc mounts welded in. You will need factory mounts to use a 6 again. Has chevy column and saginaw ps.

I promise the thread title isn't clickbait.

A buddy had an FJ40 of an unknown year sitting on his back lot for years. He recently sold the house and has to be out in two weeks so I asked him about the FJ. Long story short, I bought it for a song. However, he purchased it as a parts/donor vehicle so he didn't have a title or anything. The VIN was cut out of the frame who knows how long ago so I don't know what year it is and neither does he, though he guesses a 68 or 69. No engine, transmission, doors of any kind, top, seats, and more. But it came with a bunch of junk stored in it I have to chuck, so I've got that going for me.

I've done some reading and am confident in my ability to get a state-issued VIN and title it, though it's a LONG way from being ready to drive. I did get a bill of sale, and I used language similar to that found on the form my state uses for issuing a VIN.

Hopefully, the pictures will help one of you knowledgeable folks recognize some feature and know what the year is, or at least a 95% certainty of year so I can start looking for the missing body parts. I have an '06 LX470 and a '69 Jeepster Commando that I restored, but this is my first foray into FJ40s.

Thanks!

View attachment 2939991

View attachment 2939992

View attachment 2939994

View attachment 2939995

View attachment 2939996
vin cut out of the frame? parts rig for sure.keep looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom