What did I break? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just broke the bolt on the right side of the back bumper. You can see the bolt about 1 foot to the right of the muffler.
Anyone know what it is and how I replace the nut and bolt?
thanks

Attachments

• UZJ100_rear_bumper-1.pdf
    362.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
The long one? If it is - that is a body mount bolt. You would have to get it from the dealer.

Thanks, it is the long one that looks like a stalagtite.
How do I get access to the inside. Took the bumper off but couldn't get access to it.
Plus, is it really needed?

remove the tailgate/body flap, pull the rear carpet up and take the side panel off then you can pull the broken bolt out and insert a new one.

Plus, I cant believe you just asked if a BODY MOUNT BOLT is really needed. :bang:

take the one from the front and put it in the back.

I would love to say "who cares" on this one. But seriously get a new bolt. Both my rears are bent pretty good, but they are there at least.

It was loose and rattling. Really annoying over bumps. I tried to tighten it......Well, the rust wouldnt have it. It snapped off.

So they are important? I figure the other 2000 bolts would hold that car together.

there are only 10 bolts that hold the body on to the frame. Do what you want, but we just told you to replace it.

Roger dodger, will place an order for two tomorrow. Figure that I might as well replace the left along with the right one. Suspect the other side may be plagued with the same.

When I did my bodylift I had to replace both rears as they were pretty nasty from the NY winters.

how would I get two pretty bent up ones out? Just trying to figure this out since we are on the topic

I cut off the tip and was able to get an impact socket on top of the bolt. Then took a 2 foot torque wrench and tried to tighten the loose nut and the bolt snapped off. Oops....

Should I change the bushing in addition to changing the mounting bolt?
~60-70 dollars for the bushing.
Thanks

Just cut the body off so you don't have to worry about it.
image-938870194.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom