what could be rattling?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, i need your help! There's this rattle noise i hear when it's on IDLE, only on DRIVE AND REVERSE and it goes away when i accelerate. It seems like its coming from the driver side, underneath the engine, i feel the rattles thru the gas pedal.. THANKS..

there was a loose heat shield that was rattling months ago underneath the PASSENGER SIDE that i fixed by using a hose clamp.. i believed that's a CATALYTIC CONVERTER HEAT SHIELD, is there another CATALYTIC CONVERTER on the DRIVER SIDE?

Last edited:
There's 2 sheilds for the cats. Clamp both. Check the bolts at the exhaust flanges ( were it connects into 1 pipe)

Check the plastic skid plate. My washers like to rattle when a bolt is slightly loose. Stuff CAN make it ontop of both skid plates. You'd be surprised what you can find.

Have somebody pull the E-Brake and press the brake in drive, slide under or next to your door panels and try to isolate the area.

Hope that helps!

If I recall correctly, there are 3 shields-a smaller one in the middle of the system going towards the back. smaller one. all 3 of mine are crummy as far as being secure. I've tightened them much as I could.

i had a rattle that ended up being a clamp that connected the pipe to the front part of the muffler. The bolt fell out...all i had were zipties to fix it.....lol

I've finally discovered the rattles!!!!!!! it's the plastic engine cover, one of the foams underneath it was missing, no more rattles....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom