What coolant hose is this? Don't see it in the diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm checking the Wits End coolant map for the 1FZ. I have a coolant leak from the top of my intake manifold area. I thought it was the PHH but it doesn't appear to be?

wits-end-1fz-coolant-map-jpg.1752010

Area w/ leaking connection:
6w87LDF.jpeg

Ydxxxnh.jpeg

Zoom out for reference:
IA3pGO1.jpeg

I've gone through 30 previously-posted threads at this point and hitting a wall with figuring this out.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you need to remove the throttle body to gain access to that hose/connection. If you stand at your passenger's side front wheel and shine a flashlight into that area you can see the connection.

One end connects to a pipe on the rear/underside of the Throttle Body (so the TB has to come loose), the other end connects to the head a few inches forward of the PHH.

Looks like the number 1 water bypass hose. EG-39 in the FSM

Pretty sure you need to remove the throttle body to gain access to that hose/connection. If you stand at your passenger's side front wheel and shine a flashlight into that area you can see the connection.

One end connects to a pipe on the rear/underside of the Throttle Body (so the TB has to come loose), the other end connects to the head a few inches forward of the PHH.

Thanks all, it looks like Part #1626166040 - JoeCova as you mentioned "Water Bypass Hose 1"

@JoeCova - Do you happen to know if I can start at 26 (B)? I'm not sure if you were referencing that as a starting point (start of EG-39) or just pointing out the hose itself.

JV4xrWI.png

@thedoughboy - that's what I've seen so far. If anybody finds this thread in the future here are the steps:

9bJHV69.png

Yep, you should be able to see the head/engine connection point by going to your diver's side front wheel and pull the mud flap back at the shock. You'll need to get low and look up (slightly). I believe you can gain access for removal from here. You might need to remove your front wheel and wiggle your arm through the maze of stuff. Can't be as bad as the PHH :rolleyes:

It honestly drove me nuts reading so many "use search" and "it's already been asked here: xx" replies in older threads with links/threads either being deleted or the photos being deleted. The most unhelpful sh!t ever.

Here's a couple of photos, one looking down from above after the four bolts holding the Throttle Body were removed with the TB pulled away from the intake. The other photo taken from the left front wheel well looking up and in showing the other end forward from the PHH.

Note in the bottom photo that the #2 knock sensor is just below the bypass hose, be careful not to strike the sensor as the male connector of the sensor itself can snap off easily if just lightly bumped.

Bypass Hose #1 Throttle Body end.png

Bypass Hose #1 and Pesky Heater Hose.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch all

1626166040 (Water Bypass Hose #1) was the issue and leak gone :)

FYI - I did not have to remove the drivers side wheel - just got my arm up there.

Helps if you disconnect up top first, then when you get under and stick your arm up - you know which tube to pull off since it's loosey goosey. Came right off w/ just pulling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom