What color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of getting my FJ62 repainted. The light grey from the door handles up has almost no clearcoat left. The dark grey is OK but has the typical nicks and scratches that you would expect on a 21 year old rig. I am not sure I want to go with the original color or not. Anyone got pics of a military green 62?
I also saw a few 100 series back in Australia that were a cream or sand type color - anyone got a 62 in that color they could post up?
Drivers side.jpg
Grill.jpg

That truck looks familiar...I think you are trying to make me sorry I did not buy it. J/k.

I would say either repaint in original scheme, solid grey, or the gold/champagne color which is probably my favorite. Not sure how that would go with your grey interior though.

I think the sand/cream color is actually an OEM color on the fj60. 4e9 or something like that but don't hold me to it.

Even without the repaint, your truck still looks good to me.

I have the same truck with same colors and had it restored to the original and used the toyota paints. I was pretty skeptical and thought I wanted a single tone, but I'm glad the restoration shop talked me into sticking with the original. It really looks good. Also keep in mind if you go darker than the "light grey" you will have to have all the door jams redone which can drive up the cost of a good paint job quick. x2 on the not too many two tones out there

That truck looks familiar...I think you are trying to make me sorry I did not buy it. J/k.
LOL - It really is amazing that the lower half of the truck looks so good after so may years.

I think a high gloss black would look amazing.

-Carl

Keep the original x2

Keep the two-tone! Mine's beige metallic single-tone but is badly in need of new paint...so I'm going for the beige/warm gray two-tone on the repaint. Two-tone is classic.

I know the urge to do a complete repaint in a different color, but it's expensive, time consuming and unless your willing to pull all the doors, seals, windows and re-spray everything, everytime you open your door or hood you see the original color....

I really like the two-tone trucks and your colors are cool. The nice thing about grays is they work with all the black accessories you put on!
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 006.jpg

britklr, Your rig looks great - what rear bumper is that? Are those FJ40 wheels?

keep the colors. its for the best, and there are not many built two tones around like yours and mine

OK - pretty sure I will keep the stock color for many of the reasons mentioned above - plus it goes well with the interior . Here is a pic of the 3rd row seat just for the heck of it.
Third row.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom