what color to paint my 40, maybe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure, but thinkin about paintin my 40. i havent decided if its going to be an original color or not. I would like a dark blue color, i dont want it metalic. where would i go about finding a site that has a whole bunch of different colors/codes for cars/cruisers/suv/ and whatever else theres left to be included

Last edited:
yes, that color is nice.............................. but flip your bezel

If you're ever going to be concerned about resale, stay with the stock color. A complete, and correct, color change is so expensive as not to be worth it. Nothing crappier than a cruiser with one color on the outside, another on the inside, and maybe something else under the hood. Just looks cheap. Take your time, do it right, and protect your investment. Many cruisers bought these days are bought for resto...and it's a huge downgrade for one that's repainted in the "wrong" color. Any cruiser looks great in fresh original paint...even the butt ugly brown and mustard! ( That ought to rev em up....)

Texx said:
..even the butt ugly brown and mustard! ( That ought to rev em up....)

You mean Dog**** Brown and BabyCrap Yellow?

I think you should paint it Princess Pink! :princess: :flamingo:

i've found bright, or at least light, colors look better on 40s...heres a dark blue for you to see...rather drab.
lift magoo5.JPG

I have a bit of a soft spot for Freeborn Red :cheers:

Last edited:
Paint it any damn color you want. I am very partial to Mustard Yellow and 621 Rustic Green cause I had one. I do agree w/ Texx. Changing colors is significanty more involved than staying the same but it depends on what you want...a 1'or a 40' paint job.

Texx said:
If you're ever going to be concerned about resale, stay with the stock color. A complete, and correct, color change is so expensive as not to be worth it. Nothing crappier than a cruiser with one color on the outside, another on the inside, and maybe something else under the hood. Just looks cheap. Take your time, do it right, and protect your investment.[/QUOTE

While I basically agree with the above statement, IMHO that doesn't necessarily apply to heavily modified trucks. It seems the more radical the mods the more creative you can be with the paint job. Check out Texican's star spangled rig.
I know a guy who had a basically stock rustic green 40 with the top, hood, and rims painted metallic green by the PO. The engine bay was Feeborn Red, and the interior was Smurf Blue. It definitely looked strange.

Last edited:
Well I'm screwed then! The top layer on mine is sort of army camo green , the next layer is Desert Tan and the original third layer color is what I have heard called Sea Foam green. Under hood there is an additional layer of black for good measure. Of course all layers are are in various stages of flaking, peeling and wearing/rusting through. I think I may just get one of those camo kits with a dozen rattle cans and be done with it! :) Even it I mess that up you won't be able to tell...

I say if you don't like the color ( in my case oxydized freeborn red) strip it down and repaint it any color you want. IMHO these trucks look best if you stick with the light color top and bezzel and a non metallic paint. My color choice may have affected my resale value a little but I don't plan on selling the truck so it doesn't really matter.
rearqtr.jpg

honk said:
You mean Dog**** Brown and BabyCrap Yellow?

Mine was originally smurf blue, then spraypaint black, then brush painted yellow, then primer. Then I got it, painted it green, now I have done a total repaint/restore in red. I know theres a billion red ones, but I like red.

paint it any color you want ... but do it right inside and out remove the front clip doors and top paint it in peices also ...PREP PREP PREP the more time you spend sanding and blocking the better the end will look

I like pimp Green 40 and think that white or Hugger Orange are in my 40 future

well, i think it would be fine to paint the 40 a different color other than the stock. mostly because i the cowl and tub are from two different years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom