what color soft top with fashion green? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
going with fashion green on y fj40. it came with no top. i have complete bows for a soft top. i need pictures/opinions on what color soft top goes well with fashion green. black, od green, tan?

Tan. od green would clash I think and black gets really hot.

White. (It will grow on you)

tan. white looks too obnoxious for me to appreciate, black is hot and overdone. gray might be ok

or go orange and be the great pumpkin

any pictures?

Not Spring Green...but gives the idea. White/off-white would be factory correct. I have a piar of nuclearlemon's old FST doors with white skins and a new OCD white canvass top waiting to go on my '77.
White Top.jpg

Here's a grey top on same(ish) color truck.

Mustard is a tough truck to pick a color for, too...always liked this one with white.
Grey Top.jpg
White Mustard.jpg

I think the mustard looks best with tan but some day I think mine will be beige.
Sam, Ky and Sawyer 3.jpg

Gray. It'll match the stock steelies.

Definitely white/off-white.

Here's a grey top on same(ish) color truck.

Mustard is a tough truck to pick a color for, too...always liked this one with white.

Where did you get the pic of the mustard one? I haven't seen that one. It's sitting in my shop getting a motor swap.

Is this the same truck? I saved this picture when I was trying to decide which color to go with. The white looked too J**pish to me, I like the tan. It looks more "safari-ish/military" expedition ready.
white.jpg

Where did you get the pic of the mustard one? I haven't seen that one. It's sitting in my shop getting a motor swap.

That rig was built by a a TLC nomad that landed in LSLC at the time of it's completion. A future LSLC Presditend traded an FJ-60 for it and up-graded the build. He sold it a handful of years back.

I actually grabbed that photo off of a Google Image search for " FJ-40 OEM Soft Top"

It's been in several threads on Mud, through the years...the top is (was) an NOS Toyota top.

It's an all-time favorite truck for me...and I don't even care for Mustard.

Is this the same truck? I saved this picture when I was trying to decide which color to go with. The white looked too J**pish to me, I like the tan. It looks more "safari-ish/military" expedition ready.

Different truck...

I hope these pictures help. This is woodland camo with Fashion Green (the only OD green I could find handy). The tan-ish color is actually OD green. Personally, I think OD green would look really good on a Fashion Green rig.
IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1568.jpg

I hope these pictures help. This is woodland camo with Fashion Green (the only OD green I could find handy). The tan-ish color is actually OD green. Personally, I think OD green would look really good on a Fashion Green rig.

I have decided that OCD's OD Green tops look good on just about any color...even colrs you wouldn't think OD would look good on.

In the end, ANY color of OEM-style top looks better than ANY Bestop or the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom