What color should i paint OEM soft top bows and OEM rims

Hi Guys , Just need help in deciding what color to paint my OEM soft top bows . I have a blue late model 82 fj40 with the factory gray roll bar. Should I do grey or black on the bows? Im also going to be using OEM rims with hub caps grey or semi gloss black?
IMG_9561.jpg

OEM bows are painted the same color as the body. The bows in your picture are not OEM, so black is probably the color that they came with.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Hmmmm , I didn't want to go too much of the stocker look.

welll then.....the bows around the door are exposed and you can see it....soooooo......maybe just the door bows painted the same color as body and the rest of the bows black (mine is this way...see link in my sig) .....or....paint the door bows the same color as the top color....black would look out of place as would gray for the bows IMO

if you like different the rims can be body color...or even white or off white (mine are off white)

either way it will still be a stocker look because both items are a stock item. ;)

welll then.....the bows around the door are exposed and you can see it....soooooo......maybe just the door bows painted the same color as body and the rest of the bows black (mine is this way...see link in my sig) .....or....paint the door bows the same color as the top color....black would look out of place as would gray for the bows IMO

if you like different the rims can be body color...or even white or off white (mine are off white)

either way it will still be a stocker look because both items are a stock item. ;)

yes i will be painting the door jam pillar one blue, but the round tube black maybe. Yes still stocker look but just painted alittle different.

Seriously though, the factory bows that came on my '75 factory soft top are painted the same freeborn red as the rest of the car.

stainless 40/45

SILVER Star
Hi Guys , Just need help in deciding what color to paint my OEM soft top bows . I have a blue late model 82 fj40 with the factory gray roll bar. Should I do grey or black on the bows? Im also going to be using OEM rims with hub caps grey or semi gloss black?

Forget the color for now. That garage looks like a mess? clean it up before you paint anything,. Heheheeheheheh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom