What color should I paint my 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Alright, you know the drill. Post up pics of your favorite color, please. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do. I like Greyish Olive, and Cement Gray so far.

Big thanks,

-Noodle

Painted my ute in Medium Blue.

IMG_0911.JPG

Stock colors in my opinion for a 40 are best because they are timeless and never go out of style. Most of them didn't have a clear coat originally and a clear coat over a stock color can make it pop a bit more which is what I did on mine. The earlier 40s from the 1960s had some very unique colors that you don't see on 40s often. Most people use 1970s era fj40 colors when doing a paint job. Here is a cool 1960s era fj40 green. I don't remember the name of the color but it's a fairly rare color...

Last edited:
Search on Yosemite yellow. Pretty rare.

I like any non metallic in earthy colors. I used Code H6Q which is a Subaru color called Desert Khaki.
H6Q.JPG

Whatever original color is and single stage paint.

You sure that is 6h9? That looks different to me. Most of the 6h9 colors I have seen have a little different shade than that. The majority I found look like this...
View attachment 2423845
Well, local paint dealer says he's sure it's 6H9! :) I agree with you that my pic and your pic look like different colors. This has come up a couple of times in other threads...that the appearance of 6H9 in photos, and to some extent in-person, depends a lot on how much light is directly/indirectly shining on it...part of the allure of 6H9! Mine is freshly painted...I think fading is probably another factor, too? Anyway, when I get back to my place, I'll try to find a couple more pictures of the truck I posted above, taken in different light to show how it looks under different light conditions.

As promised, sev'l pics of the same truck in different light...
IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2039.JPG
IMG_2484.jpg

My wife...a wise woman...agrees with you that "my" 6H9 and that of the rig you posted don't look like quite the same color. Even I see mine as appearing to have more green, I guess, and the one you posted as having more olive or maybe tan in the mix. That said, we're looking at pictures...on computer screens...so I'm not sure how accurate any of this actually is. Looking at the pic you posted, I hope mine fades or mellows a bit so it looks more like that than it currently does. Good luck picking your color!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom