What color is this FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, y'all

This 1988 FJ62 is auctioning on BaT. The seller says it's dark grey metallic (155), but I swear this is dark blue metallic (8B4). I know metallic can photograph differently in sunny/cloudy conditions, but just wanted to make sure. Seller says the paint was refinished, but it must have been completely repainted since dark blue metallic was only offered from '85-'87.

Seller still hasn't responded. What do y'all think?

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a FJ62 original color. If it's been repainted (and most all BAT listings are) you can count on it not being an exact match. I've never seen a 62 with that color paint job (but that doesn't mean one never existed).

@OSS I felt like it was a little too blue to be dark grey metallic. I know in sunlight dark grey metallic can look a little more blue-ish, but not THAT blue.

I'm very familiar with the "Dark Grey Metallic" color of the FJ62. I used to park my cruiser next to one every day for two years. It doesn't have a hint of blue in it. It's grey.

still a rather clean/low mile rig...no?

@WSOPgold2012 yes! Totally agree. I don't mind the dark blue metallic -- do wish they kept it true FJ62 paint code, though. But doesn't hurt the truck :)

Last edited:
that looks like 155 - dark grey metallic. here's an example from another thread on this topic

this is @franken60 's cruiser

1613612214353.png

yup this is 155 (1988 fj62)

I've taken many pictures of this truck and stared at it for countless hours...its never appeared blue in any way

IMAG4112.jpg

Hey, y'all

This 1988 FJ62 is auctioning on BaT. The seller says it's dark grey metallic (155), but I swear this is dark blue metallic (8B4). I know metallic can photograph differently in sunny/cloudy conditions, but just wanted to make sure. Seller says the paint was refinished, but it must have been completely repainted since dark blue metallic was only offered from '85-'87.

Seller still hasn't responded. What do y'all think?

It was color $40,500 (not including BaT fees)

Absolute insanity, but expected. Getting extremely hard to find clean 60's nowadays without paying insane prices. That's the market, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom