What color is the metal under your interior? (1 Viewer)

What Color Is Your Interior (Under the Carpet)

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone else ever noticed that the bare metal interiors of our trucks are different colors? Just realized that yesterday when I saw a thread posted by @willbt and I saw that his interior was black.

I finally got around to applying some sound dampener to the rear cargo area and I'm very curious to see how this lowers the road and exhaust noise.

Last year I picked up two full boxes of Noico sound deadener for free from a very generous 80 Series owner in town (@effjay80). The boxes have been sitting in my garage and I have been putting this off for a quite a while now, but the weather was great and I was bored. I think it turned out rather nice.

(Don't mind all the dog noses on my rear windows, cleaning those is next on the list!)

View attachment 1652000

View attachment 1652001

View attachment 1652002

Has anyone else ever noticed this difference? I remember during the drying process of mine that my bare metal interior under the carpet was grey

Rear w:carpet pulled up.JPG

All your base are belong to us.

Sorry can't remember the color of mine.

Last edited:
What color is your truck? That should be the color your interior meta is painted (but with a thinner coat of clear). If it’s not body color than you know your truck was re-sprayed. Every Toyota and Lexus is like this and I’m pretty sure every other manufacturer is the same way.

Mine is same as the body color, but the finish is sort of 'satin'....not high gloss.

The access cover to my fuel pump IS a different color (sort or primer gray), but the body (interior) is the same color as the outside. Just looks like it didn't get any (or much) clear coat.

LX470 fuel pump2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the obvious typos fellas, it’s the week before spring break so that means long, over caffeinated, and sleep deprived days & nights studying for midterms. But I seriously don’t think mine is the same color as the body...I could be very wrong and I’ll be embarrassed if I am, but I remember wondering the same thing when I pulled all the seats and carpet out about a year ago. I’ll have to pull up a small corner of the carpet and check later this evening and report back. I thought it was more of a flat grey steel sheet metal color, as if it was never painted at the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom