What color do you think this is? 64 FJ40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I'm thinking maybe a sulphur yellow? I have the paper towel for comparison to bright white.

FYI just started my resto on my 64 from @esh.
Gonna be a fun one!
:cheers:

20160529_172153.jpg

I was looking at that chart as well.
I'm thinking sunny yellow as well, which I have never seen before.
K529

And yes it's the original color as its found here and there throughoutthe Cruiser.

Only other one it could be is a stained Lilly white imo...my 64 was originally Lilly white. It yellowed a little, but there was no doubting the color. I really like that sunny yellow though. Good luck with your resto! :beer:

By the way on www. uniquecarsandparts.com.au site they have lots. Select reference, then colour codes, for Color code information quite interesting the colors Toyota have. You have to scroll down to get to Toyota has most years but could not see 64.

hi, I have a 1984 fj40, (New Zealand new) which has a colour/trim code of B-725308?
Have checked vin number and chassis no. And it is a 1984, and original Color looks red under bolts and parts not repainted however cannot find that code anywhere. Is the first part the Color code or last part?
If last part Color 308 Have traced to a Brilliant Persimmon, but that was a 1970s Color?
Found a jack holder which has original Color, so what Color do you think this is?

image.jpeg

I'm thinking maybe a sulphur yellow? I have the paper towel for comparison to bright white.

I think your color is faded Spring Green.

A yearly color chart isn't very helpful unless it specifies which colors were offered for which models. The 1964-1967 chart above, for example, shows several metallic colors and no metallics were offered on FJ40 during those (or any?) model years.

Looks like sulphur yellow to me.

After looking over the cruiser in several various areas, I have come to the conclusion that yes, it has to be sulfur yellow. So, I have decided to paint it that color. Glad that's out of the way...
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom