What carburetor is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macdaddy59

SILVER Star
Threads
This carb came off a 1987 FJ60 2F motor that I am having rebuilt to put into my 76 FJ40. The motor be will desmogged. I am wondering what carb this is and wether or not to keep it and put it back on or find a better more suitable replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

Maybe a Trollhole carb?
Possible....Lots of knock off carbs online. Some made in China and some in Japan. If after the rebuild you cant get it to run properly, it is easy enough to swap. Only issue might be the linkage, hopefully you have enough parts from both rigs to piece it together. The wire for the idle solenoid runs around the backside (closest to the valve cover) on the 40 if i recall correctly.

Thanks. I guess i will try to run it and see how it runs. What carb would be a good purchase for a backup?

It is a clone. Maybe good, maybe not. BUT, as I have posted dozens of times, I wouldn’t risk an unknown quantity on a rebuilt engine that I needed to break in. Seating rings is critical.

See if you can borrow a known good running carb for the break in, or test your carb on a good running motor first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom