what bushings does a 45 short bed use? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey im trying to put a set of revaling shackles and was wondering what bushings fit in the rear. the bushings that i have now are worn out and was going to upgrade to poly? thanks

not sure on a SWB, I would assume the same as a LWB, they are bigger than 40 series, last set I got from SOR and took the third time to get the correct ones. fronts were the same as a 40 series.

thats why i wsa asking was i went on to sor and saw they have like 6 different ones i think or somthing like that. which ones did you go with ? thanks for the response

I am not sure about the SWB, either. The LWB definitely has bigger eyes in back than the front, which are the same as FJ40. I assume your springs are origninal, or do you know? You also need to know the size of the shackle pins you are going to use. They may not be the same as your original shackle pins. You can either measure yourself, Spring eye size and pin size, and go off the chart. Otherwise, if you are getting your stuff from SOR (or whichever retailer you are using), you could call their tech line.

When I recently replaced my rear shackles on my LWB, the original bushings had literally worn in half and fell out. :eek:

thats what happened to mine i took the stock shackle out and the bushings were egged shaped and one side was worn all the way through. the tera shackle has a insert to put in your bushing for the bolt. mine are bigger than a 40, so im going to measure the ID in the sprind and measure the insert and hopfully that will give me what i need to order. thanks for your responses guys

what size is the rear spring eye?

rear OD is the same as the FJ55 OD.. Really every time I've done this project it's kinda confusing but you will need to make sure you have the same width on your springs as your frame hanger. double check the fixed spring hanger pin OD which will be the ID of your 45 springs. then measure the difference of the width of your spring and your hanger to get the correct shoulder on the bushing. (width of the shoulder)
Rear can be difficult on an FJ45 as there might be different shackles in the past on it. Measure your new shackle pin OD and the spring OD and width needed and go from there. It's hard to answer your question if we don't have the shackle pin OD and what normal spring width is vs what you have.

I'm willing to help but need some of those measurement. And yes I"m sorry if it sounded confusing but don't want you to get the wrong thing! :)

To put it in perspective.. Stock 45 rear spring bushings are 18mm ID 1 1/8" OD and a flange of .225
but the front bushing is the same as the fj40.
it all depends on Spring eye OD and shackle pin OD and spring width to determine sholder width on your bushing.

Sorry to answer your question with more questions. I use page 289 of the SOR catalog quite often to answer my own questions.

when the shackle im going to use has a sleeve that goes in the bushing and has a bolt that is smaller. the shackles came off of a 72 fj40 and the sleeve is 9/16 and i think the OD on the spring is 1 1/8 but im going to double check that. let me know if this helps any

Bushings you need based on your description of using a rear shackle with a pin of 9/16 OD and a spring eye of 1 1/8"ID on an FJ45 with stock spring width would need quantity 8 of a bushing 9/16"ID 1 1/8"OD .225 Flange
That is the shackle side..
The fixed pin side on the rear of the FJ45 given stock spring width is different and need quantity 4 of a bushing 18 mmID 1 1/8"OD .225 Flange

Hope that helps. Erik
All that is on the assumption of a stock FJ45 spring width.

what is the eye to eye on the stock rear spring? just making sure that the springs on mine is stock. and from what i understand the stock ID on the spring is 1 1/8? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom