What brush guard is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I want to find out what kind of brush guard I have. It's ARB and attached to a 1989 fj62 that I bought. I love it, but I need to replace the Warn winch on it. Can anyone ID the model for me and let me know if there is anything I need to look out for when looking for new winches? I know that this brush guard isn't made anymore and is from the 90s.

Many thanks!

IMG_3975.jpg

It's the same ARB model I have on my 60. It's made specifically for the Warn 8274 winch, so be careful if mounting a different type.

IMG_7647.jpg

its the old model ARB. It fits the WARN M12000 too. Tight fit. I had a WARN m10000 installed and it fit perfectly but that winch isn't made an longer.
Contact ARB USA - they'll let you know what current winches fit in it

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I want to find out what kind of brush guard I have. It's ARB and attached to a 1989 fj62 that I bought. I love it, but I need to replace the Warn winch on it. Can anyone ID the model for me and let me know if there is anything I need to look out for when looking for new winches? I know that this brush guard isn't made anymore and is from the 90s.

Many thanks!

View attachment 2603477

Why does the winch need to be replaced? I’ll take the old one.

I’m trying to get it fixed as the motor is having issues. I really don’t want to replace it though. I’m trying!
I have a 12v motor and controller available if you are interested.

I have a 12v motor and controller available if you are interested.
Nice! I’ll DM you if I need it. Reading the responses here and looking up the bumper + winch makes me really want to fix it and not get a different model. It’s at the shop, so if it needs the motor I’ll hit you up. Thx!

I’m trying to get it fixed as the motor is having issues. I really don’t want to replace it though. I’m trying!

The Warn 8274 is easily rebuilt especially if all you need to do is change out the motor.

When a DC motor isn't used for a long time, oxidation builds up on the commutator, which results in non-operation. The motor just needs to be removed and the commutator bars and brushes cleaned. A very simple job, which I just had to do on mine.

When a DC motor isn't used for a long time, oxidation builds up on the commutator, which results in non-operation. The motor just needs to be removed and the commutator bars and brushes cleaned. A very simple job, which I just had to do on mine.
I’m going to really give this a try. Sounds like I have a treasure I didn’t even know I had. This rig came with the brush guard and the winch. Yahtzee!

ARB called them Bull Bars as they were initially designed as animal collision bars -

635845894218461676-Deer.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom