what braket to use to install a 3-Point Retractable Seat Belt on FJ40 1974? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, is there an aftermarket bolt on bracket to attached the Corbeau 3-Point Retractable Seat Belt to the roll bar of an fj40 1974 ? thanks

images.jpg

I mean I googled this. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to fab one if you really wanted to do that route either. Mine is bolted to the body

243CBF68-5FF7-4B9C-984C-6CA7596BE9DD.jpeg

Thank, i do not have the hard top or b post, it has to attached to the roll bar. I saw a hardware kit online form summit racing that should fit the bill also texas cruisers have some hardware that may work.

Here is the bracket Toyota added to the roll bar 2/78 to move the seat belts from the hard top to the roll bar.
IMG_20200112_122615907_HDR.jpg

Believe someone sold three point seat belts with a bracket that uses one of the roll bar mounting bolts to wheel well for the retractable part of the seat belt.

Last edited:
thanks for the pic, ,my roll cage does not have that bottom bracket, it does has a similar top, i can fabricate something like that and weld it or just use and l bracket and attached at the bottom screws. thanks again you gave me some good ideas.

1974 here, too. I put the top bracket on the tab shown on the top of that roll cage. You'll need a longer bolt, and it won't sit horizontal or pivot, but the angle it kicks it out at should work when the seatbelt is on. Mine doesn't retract well unless I help it, but it's not a big deal. I made a lower mount for the retractor out of some angle iron from Home Depot. bolted it into the lower roll cage mount. I can take pics later if you want them. Nothing fancy, but it works. Only important part is to keep the retractor perfectly horizontal for the catch to work properly.

1974 here, too. I put the top bracket on the tab shown on the top of that roll cage. You'll need a longer bolt, and it won't sit horizontal or pivot, but the angle it kicks it out at should work when the seatbelt is on. Mine doesn't retract well unless I help it, but it's not a big deal. I made a lower mount for the retractor out of some angle iron from Home Depot. bolted it into the lower roll cage mount. I can take pics later if you want them. Nothing fancy, but it works. Only important part is to keep the retractor perfectly horizontal for the catch to work properly.
thank you much, please send some pics.

I have a 74 as well and was lucky enough to find someone local to buy a later model roll bar for that same purpose. Sold mine for $300 locally and bought the other for $350. Both mud members. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom