What bourbon are you drinking?

Northbound

GOLD Star

I wasn't a fan of the HW double rye.
Plus I drank way too much of it to stay warm one night:doh:

We tasted the revival and the decades at my buddy's house around thanksgiving.
Both are really good, but that revival was very unique and excellent with the sherry cask barrel
I’ve heard the WT revival with the olroso finish is real good. I’ve heard t so many times that I’m going to seek it out even though I do not typically like finished bourbons or ryes.

Northbound

GOLD Star

How's it taste? I've seen it on the shelf but haven't pulled the trigger.
It's fine, nothing special, just fine. It's like a slew of other bourbons out there that are just fine. I got it when it first came out and I still have it which tells you something.

Of course you didn't ask me.

4mydogs

SILVER Star
It's fine, nothing special, just fine. It's like a slew of other bourbons out there that are just fine. I got it when it first came out and I still have it which tells you something.

Of course you didn't ask me.
I like smokey stuff and so I wondered if it would be pleasing to me.

Side note: I had a smoke infused Old Fashioned at Bonefish Grill. It was fantastic. I have got to look into the methods for doing this!

Picked these up at Frugal MacDoogal Saturday. It's next door to the hotel we stayed in. I have it under good authority that the consumer of the OGD needs to be carefully monitored. ;)

I like smokey stuff and so I wondered if it would be pleasing to me.

Side note: I had a smoke infused Old Fashioned at Bonefish Grill. It was fantastic. I have got to look into the methods for doing this!

Picked these up at Frugal MacDoogal Saturday. It's next door to the hotel we stayed in. I have it under good authority that the consumer of the OGD needs to be carefully monitored. ;)

You gotta give the Knob Creek twice barreled a try.
I think the smoky char will be right up your palate alley.

Those three above are solid. What barrel house on the RR?

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
SILVER Star

There is a bbq joint near us that does smoke infused drinks. They just have a plank of wood on the bar and hit it with a propane torch for 10 seconds, then set an inverted glass onto the plank to capture the smoke. Enough residue lands on the inside surface of the glass while they are busy mixing up your Old Fashioned. Then they grab the glass and fill it.

4mydogs

SILVER Star
There is a bbq joint near us that does smoke infused drinks. They just have a plank of wood on the bar and hit it with a propane torch for 10 seconds, then set an inverted glass onto the plank to capture the smoke. Enough residue lands on the inside surface of the glass while they are busy mixing up your Old Fashioned. Then they grab the glass and fill it.
The Bonefish drink came in one of their rocks glasses with an upsidedown snifter over the top of it. The waitress told me to "leave it covered for a few minutes for the full effect." When I eventually removed the snifter a good quantity of smoke came out of the rocks glass, and it smelled good and oakey. The drink was tremendous!

Northbound

GOLD Star

Just finished Staff Jr batch 9, very nice - cherry and caramel with that one.

Now into a years old maybe when they reintroduced it - EHT small batch - it’s been sitting in the back of that closet for a long time. It’s eerily similar to ER to be got the filnty finish because that’s a hallmark of ER to me.

Had some Rowan Creek and that is horrible it’s a mouthful of goober peas. I poured it back into the bottle and my wife goes “is that for guests” I told her “no, I’ll make some summer bourbon and sodas with it or some Presbyterian with it.

Well unless I say to someone “do you like peanuts, I mean really like peanuts?”

gilamonster

SILVER Star

I stopped to pick my wife up a few bottles of mead and grabbed a bottle of BT while I was there. Didn't realize it was store barrel pick until after I got home. It is really a good barrel, a little sweeter then the standard blend. I think I might stop back in and grab a few more bottles to have around.

I stopped to pick my wife up a few bottles of mead and grabbed a bottle of BT while I was there. Didn't realize it was store barrel pick until after I got home. It is really a good barrel, a little sweeter then the standard blend. I think I might stop back in and grab a few more bottles to have around.

View attachment 1906068
Nice!
Maybe it's me but is BT one of the few SiB that is the same proof as the standard BT? Seems like with a SiB you should get some extra alcohol %. Either way, it is a great pour for the price.

I think I'll sip on some and work on these derby cars

4mydogs

SILVER Star
This thread is almost buried 3 pgs back.
Where are you fellow drinkers??

2014 RR single barrel at the bar tonight.
Pretty awesome find. I wanted to take the bottle home. Dang laws

FYI- RR etches the bottle date on every bottle

View attachment 1916566

View attachment 1916567
I had a bottle of RR Single Barrel a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe the latest incarnation of it has eliminated the confusing "small batch" part of the "small batch single barrel" labeling. In any event, good stuff.

Top Bottom