What Bilstien 4600s to use with 3: lift 1970 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody I have read many postings and threads on using the 5100 (5125) on lifted Fj40s bc they are for lifted trucks. I have also heard that the Bilstien 4600 provides a little smoother ride and I like the look better. I know I just need to measure the compressed and fully flexed "eye to eye" of my truck to buy the right shocks.
Does anyone know of a 4600 that can be used from another stock truck for a 3" lifted Fj40? Any help would be great, thanks

The valving in the 5100 series is for larger heavier tires. The 4600 series are meant for stock replacements on stock vehicles with small tires. You will likely not find a 4600 long enough for your application and with the appropriate mounts. I run 5100’s on my 4” lift and it is still a bit stiff at slow speeds, but they work GREAT driving down a bumpy country road. I have found them to be good off road as well. I feel like I can drive 2-3x faster over rough terrain/roads. I would strongly recommend sticking with 5100’s.

thanks for the reply snagg, I ended up pulling the trigger on the 5100s. I run 33x10.5 km2s and a separate set of 35x12.5s for offroad but for the most part the 40 is a family fun truck so I was mostly wanting less harsh on road at slower speeds around town. I know they will be better than the super stiff HFS shocks. Thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom