what belt for a desmog? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing a desmog on a 2f and i was wondering if anyone knew off hand which belt is used to replace when the pump is gone. I believe the belt then just goes crank to fan/waterpump?? thanks

Hence the existence of the idler pulley. The smog pump was the tensioner for that belt (the alternator is the tensioner for the other) You need to get in touch with JimC and get an idler pulley and install it with a stock belt or equivalent shape and length GreenStripe. Its always good to replace belts before they break that way you have a back-up

Hence the existence of the idler pulley. The smog pump was the tensioner for that belt (the alternator is the tensioner for the other) You need to get in touch with JimC and get an idler pulley and install it with a stock belt or equivalent shape and length GreenStripe. Its always good to replace belts before they break that way you have a back-up

X2....or you could pull the vains out of your smog pump and re-install, thus creating an idler and a way to tighten the belt

I put a GM alternator with a LC pulley there as a tensioner

It's not hooked up electrically but makes a much longer lasting idler

It's all coming out as soon as I start the V8 swap

bolt on tensioner pulley

Here is a pic of a idler that I use.... Toyota # 16630-61020 used on 3F applications and it's easy enough to bolt on using the lower smog pump mount and p/s pump at the top..........

Uses the orginal belt and its affordable.....
SD801031%20%28Custom%29.jpg
SD801028.jpg
SD801025%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom