What battery should I choose? (1 Viewer)

What battery should I choose?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, the X2 power was incredibly tempting but money in my pocket won out over specs this time. Between the 25% discount for online purchases and discount Pep Boys gift card I bought from Gift Card Zen, the Bosch 27F cost me just under $80 and they'll install it for free too.

Last edited:
I read somewhere on MUD that the DHP 31m needed a little trimming of the side fins in order to fit in the stock 80 battery tray. My local Sears assured me this would void the warranty...so i looked past the 31m and snagged the batteriesplus X2Power group 27 battery. I live near Phoenix AZ, warranties are important here.

View attachment 908468

That's funny, when I was researching batteries I read a review about an Odyssey battery that a guy trimmed the fins on and it later developed a leak at the pressure valve, a defect, when the guy contacted the company they sent him to an Odyssey dealer somewhere who saw the fins and gave him a new battery anyway.

Unless the battery cracks open where you cut it I think that it's bull**** to call it a voided warranty. It's even borderline shady IMO.

Anyway, long story short I wound up getting the big brute Odyssey 31M 2150 and got a great deal. I believe it was $260 delivered.
But that was before I ever even considered a solar panel. Now with both the big 31M and a 100W panel, Now I've got so much juice that when I start the engine, my hair stands on end! LOL

That Northstar looked tempting when I was battery shopping, I just couldnt find as much feedback as I could with Odyssey's.

Last edited:
If you want to go on the cheap and can live with a non-AGM battery, you may consider a Costco battery. Consistently one of the top rated batteries, plus Costco is always good to deal with if there is an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom