What Battery? Replaced Failed Alternator, now battery failed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, i wouldn't mess with it, Iridium tips are delicate and could break if you try to gap it

I finished replacing all the coil packs and spark plugs. Started it up, engine light was on, and a couple other lights, trac and vsc I think, yet it seemed to be running better. I ran an OBD test and came up with multiple miss-fire codes again, P0300, P0301, P0303, P0304 and P0308.

I cleared those codes on my AL539B and was about to run the test again when I noticed the engine light was off, ran the OBD test again and NO codes!

I haven't taken it on the road yet but this is promising.

I can't thank the community enough for all your generous help. You saved me a couple thousand dollars. As many mentioned, it isn't difficult. The biggest pain was number 7 and I have the scraped knuckles to show for it. Now I can go get a Christmas tree.

Thanks again.

Congrats on a job well done, and welcome to our little DIY cult. Feels good doesn't it?

Edit: To clarify, whenever codes are stored the CEL is on. Even if the codes are not actively happening, the CEL will stay on for a period of time. Once you clear the codes, the CEL goes out. If does not come back on again, then that means no additional codes have been picked up by the computer. That is a good thing.

So, how did the plugs look that you pulled out?

Last edited:
Congrats on a job well done, and welcome to our little DIY cult. Feels good doesn't it?

Edit: To clarify, whenever codes are stored the CEL is on. Even if the codes are not actively happening, the CEL will stay on for a period of time. Once you clear the codes, the CEL goes out. If does not come back on again, then that means no additional codes have been picked up by the computer. That is a good thing.

I'll take some pictures of the spark plugs and reply tomorrow. For now I've carried a TV out to the patio, opened a nice bottle of wine and fired up a cigar while watching college football. Figure I saved enough to treat myself. It does feel good. Thanks.

I'll take some pictures of the spark plugs and reply tomorrow. For now I've carried a TV out to the patio, opened a nice bottle of wine and fired up a cigar while watching college football. Figure I saved enough to treat myself. It does feel good. Thanks.

this community is fantastic. One of the best parts about owning a 100 series!

Spark_Plugs_5740_72pi.jpg

Spark_Plugs_5744_72pi.jpg

With the exception of the obvious, that appears to be 7 properly firing plugs. Dunno why it would throw multiple cylinder codes like that... but hey, fixed is fixed. Don't toss the good coils. If you were closer I would be offering money to have a couple of them as spares.

If they are Denso coils you have left over id probably buy a couple

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom