What battery for an HJ45? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched around but can't seem to find anyone recommending what the optimal battery is for an HJ45. I am not running a winch or any accessories, just need something that can reliably start it.

When I needed a battery I looked for a US straight diesel with glow plugs type application. Once I got the type of battery I needed I made sure the terminals were in the right locations. I got mine at Costco. And if you are in cold environment plan on installing an engine block heater if you have not already.

Go at least CCA of 800 and make sure your glow system is in tip top condition. N70ZZX is my goto battery in Australia for the 2H engine in the 47s (H is a little smaller, but is the same basic tech as the 2H and the battery mount, terminal positions are the same) - unsure what the N70ZZX translates to in your corner of the world.

Last edited:
31P series from local rig shop. 1050 CCA and 210 reserve capacity. Double check its length compared to your battery tray. It should fit but I don’t own a diesel. They are built to be abused.

31P series from local rig shop. 1050 CCA and 210 reserve capacity. Double check its length compared to your battery tray. It should fit but I don’t own a diesel. They are built to be abused.
Thats interesting. I think the tray is a 27 size...need to see what I can fit

Thats interesting. I think the tray is a 27 size...need to see what I can fit
31 is about the same width but slightly longer… it’ll depend on now tight a fit it is.

8D428ECD-BA62-47B5-B35A-62FEE7FDDA7D.jpeg
F2D0DFDF-4FD0-4E93-9733-C59772C13AE0.jpeg
8420E29A-438B-4277-ACCB-78E0154BD3C7.jpeg

Worst case you could replace the tray with one like this:

Amazon product ASIN B08CD311Q8
Although the illustration shows the top hold down wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom