What battery are you running in your 4runners/tacos? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what brands are you running in your trucks?

anyone had any experience with the exide orbital battery?

terminals seem to be located in middle of battery and was wondering if the 4runner cables would reach?

originally thought about an optima but it has been tough to find a 34r.

anyone had any experience with the exide orbital battery?

I've heard good things from those who run those.

originally thought about an optima but it has been tough to find a 34r.

Had the same problem, so got a 34 and laid it on its side (as advertised). Works just fine, no issues for a few years now and plenty of wheeling.

The redtop in my truck is now 9 years old, still doing great.

thanks for the info guys.

I run a Dynacell on 4Runner and still factory on Tacoma.

I agree with others...

I am running an Optima Red top...I use a Warn 9.5ti winch + Lightforce Stryker 170s (2x) with no problems...:banana:

Regards,

BWJ

Odyssey PC1200MJT

Soon - it will be DUAL Odyssey PC1200MJT's!

Odyssey PC1200MJT

Soon - it will be DUAL Odyssey PC1200MJT's!

Save money, Sears DieHard Platinums is the same battery as Odyssey with more convenient retail outlets and same specifications.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/205204-best-battery.html post #53

Some dude took my post on mud and put it on this forum.
Odyssey vs. Diehard Platinum - Expedition Portal Forums

I have since equated the following:
Sears Platinum = Odyssey
P-1 GROUP 34 = PC 1500
P-2 GROUP 65 = PC 1750
P-3 GROUP 75/86DT = PC 1230
P-4 GROUP 34/78DT = PC 1500
P-5 GROUP 35 = PC 1400
P-6 GROUP 25 = PC 1400
PM-1 GROUP 31M = PC 2150
PM-2 GROUP 34M = PC 1500

Exide Orbital in my '98 Taco, over two years old, no problems...

I work in an underground mine (read: SEVERE CONDITIONS) and we use the exide orbitals in the heavy equipment because of their durability and cost.

took the plunge today and picked up an exide orbital. No issues with the cables being able to reach the terminals. So hopefully I will have years of trouble free service from the battery:)

thanks again for the info and opinions:D

I have a RED Top, but I recently read that if you do not use the battery frequently (sorry I do not know the frequency), it will not stay charged with out you using a trickle charger.
Luckly this is one of my daily drivers autos, so the battery has been NO issues.
But I do plan to do a dual battery system for next year, when I get a winch.
I will then get an Odyssey

I recently read that if you do not use the battery frequently (sorry I do not know the frequency), it will not stay charged with out you using a trickle charger.

Not true. At all. Red tops/Optimas are valued for maintaining a charge. You may want to conduct more queries. I've never charged/floated mine in my '40. It sits until I take it on runs during the wheeling season. Been in the truck for 7 years. YMMV.

I have a 7 year old red top & several yellow tops, I don't know how long Optimas last because I have never had to replace one.

Optima red top. Have been using them for years in all my vehicles for years. I have never had to trickle charge one. The one in my 93 4Runner is 12 years old and still going strong.

DaleVehicles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom