What are you working on? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Custom center console for the BJ 74.

IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_5983.JPG
IMG_5996.JPG
IMG_5998.JPG

That almost looks like you could "mass produce" these as a kit...:idea:

I actually bought it at IKEA! Didn't realize they also made JDM Landcruiser parts!

Will we see the progress Saturday?

No, the 74 is still tucked away in the shop. The 200 has been under the skillful care of our very own master mechanic @dci blair so I will pick that up from him on Saturday.

Incidentally, I plan on eating my last meal tomorrow at lunch, want to make sure I can take maximum advantage of the smorgasbord!

The ol 33x9.50 spare didnt really fit on the plate style carrier without spacing the tire away from it a bit, so the 10.50s now under certainly wasnt going to fit at all.
After a quick drawing in draft sight, a short trip by the laser with a stop over at the break press...a new one, slightly longer than the oem appeared.
Still a 9.50 on the back of it, but that should change this week.

20180128_115121.jpg

20180128_115944.jpg

I never got familiar enough with our ironworker to feel safe or confident using it. I can see why it's not particularly popular in your shop.

Gee… What’s not safe about multiple tons of punching force? o_O

Gee… What’s not safe about multiple tons of punching force? o_O

Dont put your fingers anywhere you wouldn't put your pecker.

17 yrs ago at my first job they had a old mechanical iron worker with a fly wheel. Now that was scarry. Pull the lever and here it comes. The hydrolic ones are much safer.

Dont put your fingers anywhere you wouldn't put your pecker.

To paraphrase a meme from another forum, don’t get it on your hootus!

i love sand blasting old wheels. it's so rewarding watching decades of corrosion and layers of paint just disappear.
one of the other wheels, that i believe are original to the '75....too bad i wasn't smart enough years ago to ensure i kept the full set...i only have two or three of them left.

2018spare2.jpg

2018spare.jpg

I never got familiar enough with our ironworker to feel safe or confident using it. I can see why it's not particularly popular in your shop.

Not feeling comfortably around a machine that can cut off your arm is not a bad thing!

So do you guys have an opening at your shop? lol
Every time you post I come closer to the conclusion I am working in the wrong place....

We did. Just hired two new guys over the past few months. I’ve know the owners for over a decade at this point, and have been working for them for almost 3 years. After spending almost 20 years in the dealer world I don’t know that I could go back to it.

The variety here is insane, it really keeps it interesting. Not being open Saturday’s, having owners that care just as much about the tech as they do the customer is a welcome change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom